Wound Management: A Practical Guide Seminar is organized by Ausmed Education Pty Ltd and will be held from Oct 12 - 13, 2020 at Mercure Townsville, Townsville, Queensland, Australia.
10h 30m CPD
Ausmed's Wound Management Seminar is an essential and very popular course for healthcare professionals, including nurses, general practitioners, podiatrists, pharmacists, and occupational therapists. It is based on the latest evidence for effective wound management. You will learn:
• A strong focus on the foundation principles of wound management
• How to incorporate a patient-centred approach to care
• How to assess and manage chronic and acute wounds
• Dressing selection, compression therapy, and bandaging
Need for Program:
Nearly half a million Australians are affected by wounds in some way. It is predicted that the prevalence and cost of wound care will rise over the next few years because of the ageing population. Comprehensive assessment guides treatment, and knowledge of the foundation principles of wound care is essential. Additionally, new wound dressing products are becoming increasingly sophisticated. If best patient outcomes are to be achieved, applying evidenced wound management is essential.
Purpose of Program:
The purpose of this program is to provide health professionals with up-to-date information, tools, and strategies for best-practice wound management.
Your Learning Outcomes:
• Build an understanding of the physiology and pathophysiology of wounds with factors that impact on healing
• Use a systematic approach for assessing a patient and their wound to guide appropriate care
• Describe an appropriate management plan, including dressings, taking into account patient considerations and the pathophysiology of the wound
• Gain confidence in the management of a person with a wound and advocate for best-practice care
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Both Days Fee||11 Oct,2020||AUD 559.00|
|One Day Fee||11 Oct,2020||AUD 429.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news