Triage Cancer Insurance & Finance Intensive Course is organized by Triage Cancer and will be held on Jan 28, 2021 at One Boston Place, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America.
Advocates and oncology health care professionals.
Applications are pending to provide CEs/Contact Hours to social workers and nurses.
This comprehensive, in-person workshop, is a certificate program for nurses, social workers, other oncology health care professionals and advocates on health and disability insurance and finances, to improve patient and caregiver access to valuable information about these legal and practical cancer survivorship issues.
• Outline how health care professionals can engage in various types of advocacy and encourage patients to be advocates
• Outline the different theories of health care systems
• Explain the various elements of a health insurance policy
• Define terms used in a health insurance policy
• Outline the various individual and employer-sponsored health insurance options available to patients
• Describe consumer protections included in various federal and state laws
• Explain the health insurance appeals process
• Describe eligibility differences for Medicare and Medicaid
• Outline steps patients can take to appeal a claim denial for Medicare and Medicaid
• Identify resources for patients to learn more about accessing Medicare and Medicaid
• Outline how FMLA can be useful to patients
• Articulate how disability insurance can be useful to someone who can no longer work, temporarily or permanently, as a result of a cancer diagnosis
• Explain how disability insurance works with other leave laws
• Outline practical tools and tips for rebuilding financial health after a cancer diagnosis
• Identify financial assistance options available to pay for health care & other expenses
• Cancer Survivorship: Advocacy & Empowerment
• An Overview of the U.S. Health Care System
• Employer-Sponsored & Individual Health Insurance Part 1 & Part 2
• Government Sponsored Health Insurance
• Navigating Disability Insurance & Appeals
• Managing Finances & Accessing Financial Assistance Options
|Contact No. :||424.258.4628
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Course Fee||27 Jan,2021||Free|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news