Treating Balance and Preventing Falls in Neuro, Vestibular, Geriatric and Medically Complex Clients is organized by Education Resources, Inc. (ERI) and will be held from Sep 26 - 27, 2020 at Baptist Health Medical Center-Little Rock, Little Rock, Arkansas, United States of America.
• This course meets the criteria for 14.5 contact hours (1.45 CEUs).
• Approved provider of continuing education by the American Occupational Therapy #3043, for 14.5 contact hours - Intermediate Level Occupational therapy Process: assessment, intervention.
• The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by AOTA.
Engaging, hands-on labs will teach participants screening tools, balance/ocularmotor testing, vestibular screening, progressive balance exercises and safe falling techniques to minimize the risk of injury. Home modifications, specific setting variations to techniques and cheap treatment equipment will be discussed.
This course is highly informative and will get you thinking about balance in a whole new light to make balance training effective and fun for you and your patients! You will learn how to isolate balance deficits in processing and motor output, screen for basic vestibular involvement, including BPPV, objectively identify fall risk, implement modifications to reduce fall risk, discover your creative side to developing effective treatment strategies, tailor exercises to meet the needs of your patients physical abilities in any setting and understand how to teach safe falling techniques, to name a few. You will also learn about frequently missed components to a successful treatment program.
Upon completion of the seminar the participants will be able to:
• Discuss balance processing and strategies of recovery.
• Analyze new treatment techniques and how to create new exercises to isolate and challenge all sensory systems, all 4 balance reactions as well as reaction time.
• Identify and reduce fall risk.
• Design safe falling techniques to minimize the risk of an injury.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Course Fee||25 Sep,2020||USD 435.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news