Trauma, PTSD & Complicated Grief: Effective Assessments and Immediate Interventions for Children, Adolescents and Adults is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Jan 17, 2020 at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, Parsippany, New Jersey, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ / 6.0 clock hours of continuing education instruction.
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Addiction Counselors
• Crisis Intervention Specialists
• Mental Health Professionals
Complete this workshop and learn new clinical skills, interventions, and principles to help your clients cope with the challenges of recovering from trauma. Throughout the workshop trauma specialist, Michael S. Prokop, will discuss and integrate the “active ingredients” for “healing trauma” as they are utilized within the Three Stage Consensus Model. Attend and be able to:
• Use dozens of practical assessment, diagnosis and intervention strategies
• Effectively work with children, adolescents and adults dealing with trauma issues
• Implement multisensory interventions to treat the whole person
You will be able to implement evidence-based treatment protocols for establishing safety, desensitizing and reprocessing trauma memories, as well as, resolving/reprocessing complicated grief. With these new skills, you will be able to assist your clients in their journey as they “restructure a victim mentally to form a proactive survivor identity”. With this new identity, you will be able to help clients reconnect to self, family, society and dreams!
• Illustrate the effects of trauma on the structure and function of the brain.
• Determine the etiology and potential impact of traumatic stress on the client utilizing multiple assessment strategies.
• Develop an assessment plan for a client’s reaction to a traumatic event and develop a viable treatment program.
• Analyze how grief, bereavement, and mourning are accounted for in the DSM-5®.
• Integrate interventions to assist a client in dealing with the biopsychosocial manifestations of trauma, PTSD, and traumatic grief/complicated mourning.
• Discover appropriate evidence-based interventions to assist a client in coping with the physical and psychosocial-spiritual manifestations of trauma.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||28 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||16 Jan,2020||USD 249.99|
|2 plus Group per Person Fee||16 Jan,2020||USD 219.99|