Thriving & Ready in Healthcare 2020 - Leadership, wellbeing, high-performance clinical teamwork and protection from practitioner burnout is organized by Neon Reindeer Marketing and will be held from Nov 15 - 20, 2020 at Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa, Sigatoka, Nadroga-Navosa, Fiji.
Thriving and Ready is a family friendly, one-of-a-kind healthcare conference that will teach you the skills you need to lead, develop and maintain high-performance teams in ways that can be sustained and protect practitioners from burnout. You will learn about leadership, about communication and conflict management skills, learn how to set wellbeing strategies for individuals and teams in high-care, high-performance clinical environments, ways of performing at your best even when the system is broken, and actions you can take to ensure you leave work at work when you walk in the door at home. All this in an exotic and relaxing environment that caters to the needs of your whole family. Once you had a week with us, you will return to work thriving and ready again.
Working in healthcare is demanding, even overwhelming at times. Demands for your attention and expertise can be relentless, sometimes with barely a chance to breathe. Demands come from colleagues, from patients, clients, family and more, making it hard to find time to develop as a leader. Good leadership relies on your own wellbeing, and also ways of leading that embed wellbeing habits into how your teams do things.
This conference is purpose-built to give you time and space to truly absorb the essentials of wellbeing leadership so that that you and your team stay in the peak performance zone.
Where other conferences may slot wellbeing into a busy clinical agenda, we have flipped this approach. We are slotting in some important and necessary clinical sessions into a well-thought-out wellbeing agenda.
At this conference, you will learn how to:
• Set individual and sustainable wellbeing strategies relevant to healthcare as a workplace
• Recognise when being ‘stoic’ is harmful, and what actions to take to against it
• Manage difficult conversations so that everyone’s wellbeing is preserved
• Develop leadership skills to protect others from burnout
• Transition successfully from work to home.
Leadership Skills and Tools you will return to work with:
• A list of key resources for your ongoing high-performance, and a skillset for leading your teams and trainees to develop their own.
• Ability to lead the team itself to support each other’s key resource needs and a common language and ways of connecting about them
• Ability to build and document your own wellbeing strategy for sustaining your high performance and protect yourself from burnout, plus the tools you need for leading others to do the same
• Ability to identify when team dynamics are working and when they are off balance - and interventions you can take to improve team performance and manage them openly to avoid conflict
• Identify patterns that can cause team stress and ways of leading individuals and the team through the changes needed to reduce stress
• Strategies that support both individual and team high-performance even when the wider system isn’t working well
• A Behavioural toolkit for managing through challenging situations, including difficult team and individual behaviours, and ways of turning these around
• Practical leadership guide for communicating through conflict, keeping your cool in high stakes communications, and communication skills for resolution and reconciliation, that dissolve tension and build rapport within teams and those you manage
• Strategies for normalising the conversation about struggle and about wellbeing in health workplaces as a way of pre-empting burnout/mental health crises
• Updates in using nutrition as medicine to maintain peak performance at work
• Tools to transition successfully from work to home, and guide others to do the same
Participants in the Standard Mental Health First Aid Course:
• Skills/tools you will walk away with:
• Know how to provide initial support to other adults who may be experiencing a mental health problem or mental health crisis until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves
• An Evidence based Action Plan for the above.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Toll free Number
Family Medicine +1 More
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 20
Primary Care +3 More
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 20