The Hand: An Analytical Approach to Hand Rehabilitation is organized by Rehab Education and will be held from Nov 21 - Nov 22, 2020 at New York City, New York, United States of America.
Who Should Attend:
• Occupational Therapists
• Physical Therapists
• Certified Hand Therapists
Physical Therapy Board of California:
The Physical Therapy Board of California recognizes Rehab Education, LLC as an approval agency to approve providers offering continuing competency courses for CA licensed PTs and PTAs. This course is approved for 14 contact hours.
California OT Board:
This course and instructor have been approved by the CA Board of OT for 14 contact hours of post-professional education in the advanced practice area of hand therapy. Approval #22-H1.
Board of Certification, Inc (BOC) Approved Provider #P8271:
Rehab Education, LLC is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 14 Category A hours/CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program. (Course must be taken between 01-1-2019 and 12-31-2019)
A great hand therapy review course for the hand therapy certification exam!
This comprehensive two day course provides an analytical approach to hand rehabilitation for therapists who want to enhance their theoretical knowledge to be better able to problem solve and design treatment programs for a variety of upper extremity conditions.
Lecture includes video clips and animation of pathomechanics, treatment, cadaver dissection, and surgery to further enhance the educational experience.
Program subject to change. Participants are cautioned to apply new information and skills within the scope of state licensure law.
Upon completion of course, therapist will:
• recognize the architecture and muscle physiology of the hand
• identify the effects of wound healing on hand biomechanics
• identify how to analyze vectors that cause an imbalance of the hand
• recognize and demonstrate techniques used to treat the pathomechanics of various hand deformities
• recognize and differentiate the mechanism of digital flexion and extension
• design and write a treatment plan for a variety of hand conditions
Course features an in-depth presentation of:
• Architecture of the Hand
• Muscle Physiology
• Wound Healing
• Hand Mechanics and Vector Analysis
• Biomechanics of the Thumb
• Hand Fractures
• Distal Radius Fractures
• Nerve Injuries
• Physiology of Digital Flexion And Management of Flexor Tendon Injuries including Tenolysis, Tendon Grafts and Transfers
• Physiology of Digital Extension and Management of Extensor Tendon Injuries
• Secondary Deformities of the Hand
• Mutilating Injuries of the Hand
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Course Fee||20 Nov,2020||USD 479.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news