The Frank Brantley Update in General Practice - 2020
This conference has been CANCELLED.
The Frank Brantley Update in General Practice - 2020 is organized by University of North Carolina (UNC) school of dentistry and will be held from Jun 4 - 5, 2020 at William and Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America.
This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 15 Credit Hours.
The 2020 Update in General Practice continuing education program will mark the 32nd annual AEGD sponsored program. The program will offer a concise and systematic synopsis of current trends in general dentistry based on evidence from clinical practice and recent research. This course has been specifically designed for the dental professional who desires a comprehensive update of current technologies, techniques to diagnose and manage various clinical problems. This year's program will also include the latest information on Opioid prescribing which will fulfill the North Carolina's Dental Boards annual opioid requirement. Additionally, this year's program will cover a broad area of current topics in patient interactions, 3D printing, vaping, oral lesions, endodontics, oral and maxillofacial radiology, perio-restorative interface, bond adhesion, TMD, biodentine, orthodontic considerations, and efforts to eradicate HIV.
This course will take place over 2 days and provide up to 15 hours of continuing education credit (as well as meet the NC opioid course requirement) and will meet the NC License CE requirements for licensure renewal. Presentations will be in lecture format with 10-15 minutes of Q&A following each presentation.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Demonstrate a treatment planning sequence that leads to case acceptance.
• Incorporate 3D printing to current workflows to improve predictability.
• Discuss current issues with opioid prescribing practices in dental and medical practice.
• Review the current knowledge regarding the vaping epidemic and vaping related oral injuries.
• Discuss risk factors and possible predictive measures for cases of soft tissue and bone lesions associated with dentures, partial dentures, dental implants and fixed bridges.
• Recognize different treatment planning approaches for endodontic cases.
• Recognize the potential of AI, MRI and Tomosynthesis.
• Apply evidenced based dentistry to the perio-restorative and recognize how it influences anterior implant and tooth borne restorations.
• Understand the evolution of adhesive systems and which adhesion strategy might be more useful to clinical practice.
• Understand what is a temporomandibular disorder and the different types of disorders possible as well as be able to accurately and efficiently examine and assess a patient in order to provide an accurate diagnosis of the patient's orofacial pain condition.
• Compare and contrast MTA and Biodentine.
• Identify and appropriately refer patients presenting in general practice with dental malocclusion.
• Understand how dentistry as a field can positively influence HIV patient outcomes related to inflammation, adherence, and retention in care.
|Contact No. :||919-537-3400|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Dentist Both Days: Conference fee||28 May,2020||USD 595.00|
|Dentist Thursday Only: Conference fee||28 May,2020||USD 325.00|
|Dentist Friday Only: Conference fee||28 May,2020||USD 325.00|
|Team Member Both Days: Conferenve fee||28 May,2020||USD 295.00|
|Team Member Thursday Only: Conference fee||28 May,2020||USD 160.00|
|Team Member Friday Only: Conference fee||28 May,2020||USD 160.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news