This conference has been CANCELLED.
The Approach to Common Medical Illnesses Using Both Functional and Integrative Medicine is organized by Continuing Education, Inc. and will be held from Apr 18 - 25, 2020 at MS Symphony of the Seas, Miami, Florida, United States of America.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists
• 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
• 14 ACPE Credits
• 14.0 Contact Hours
• 3½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Patient's have become self learners and come to the primary care providers expecting them to know some of the integrative approaches to the most common chronic disease processes.integrative and functional medicine approaches will be discussed and pearls/take-a-ways provided for the primary care provider to use Monday in the clinic.
What can you add her remove from the patient's environment to alleviate some of their daily symptoms? The functional medicine approach will apply clinical expertise and evidence-based medicineto some of the most common patient complaints.
• IBS - part 1
○ Review the definition and diagnosis of IBS
○ Review the pathophysiology of IBS including SIBO, celiac testing and food sensitivities
○ Discuss the impact of the microbiome on IBS symptoms
• IBS- part 2
○ Discuss the value of the elimination diet and how to implement it
○ Associate the vagus nerve and its impact on irritable bowel symptoms
○ Review non-pharmacologic approaches to IBS symptoms
○ Illustrate melatonin and serotonin pathways
○ Discuss the impact of blue light on sleep cycle
○ Review non-pharmacologic approaches as sleep aids
• Flu prevention
○ Discuss the efficacy of flu vaccines and patient concerns
○ Review study supporting and refuting nonpharmacologic approaches to flu prevention and impact on flu symptoms/duration
○ Distance will be able to utilize a natural approach to support the immune system against the flu
• NASH-nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
○ Review pathogenesis of Nash
○ Summarize diagnostic testing options
○ Update providers on non-pharmacologic treatment options for NASH
• Intestinal permeability
○ Illustrate intestinal permeability and review risks and causes
○ Identify nutrients indicated in gut healing
○ Review studies associating intestinal permeability with auto immune disease
• Functional medicine approach to chronic disease
○ Discuss the functional medicine approach to evaluation of root cause of inflammation and disease
○ Expand on the function of the microbiome and the impact on chronic disease
○ Describe the amgydala's interpretation of physical and emotional stress and the impact on health
• Pediatric Integrative Medicine at Cleveland Clinic Foundation
○ Present CCF's Pediatric Integrative Medicine clinic and our approach to treatment of children.
○ Introduce Integrative and Complementary therapies and common conditions treated in our clinic
• Osteopathic Manipulation for the non Osteopath
○ Discuss and demonstrate safe and effective basic Osteopathic Manipulative techniques for infants, children and adolescents.
• Probiotic Research
○ Review the research of many probiotic strains and findings of how use of these supplements may aid in the care of medical conditions.
• Integrative Treatment for Headache
○ Review various types of Integrative and complementary options for headaches, including manual therapies, dietary supplements and stress reduction.
• Fatigue, an Integrative approach
○ Define fatigue
○ Review diagnostic work up
○ Introduce Integrative Medicine treatment options to enhance patient care
• Fibromyalgia, a holistic approach to care
○ Define fibromyalgia
○ Diagnosis of fibromyalgia and Integrative treatment options to enhance patient care
○ Stress Management
○ Present the importance of stress in our lives and various ways to reduce stress and improve our quality of life
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||1-800-422-0711,
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists and Dentists Fee||17 Apr,2020||USD 895.00|
|Physician Assistants fee||17 Apr,2020||USD 695.00|
|Nurse Practitioners fee||17 Apr,2020||USD 695.00|
|Nurses, Students and Others Fee||17 Apr,2020||USD 495.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news