Ten Best-Ever Anxiety Treatment Techniques is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Jan 22, 2020 at Trumbull Marriott Shelton, Trumbull, Connecticut, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
• Addiction Counselors
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapist Assistants
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Dr. Margaret Wehrenberg will assist you in shaping the 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Techniques to your needs and will discuss:
• How to apply the techniques in difficult cases
• How these techniques apply to different age groups
• How these techniques can help with clients who have co-morbid diagnoses
• How to use these techniques with groups or individuals and in different types of psychological services: private practice, hospital units, classrooms, nursing facilities, etc.
This fresh approach will give you a complete set of tools to work with anxiety symptoms. Cutting-edge research tells clinicians not only what is new, but also tells us why what we have done best over the years works to help clients achieve positive results in therapy. In this seminar, you will learn, practice and be ready to apply 10 techniques that really work to stop symptoms of panic, worry and social anxiety.
These 10 proven methods can control most symptoms of panic, generalized anxiety and social anxiety. Through in-seminar practice and discussion case vignettes to illustrate their applications – you can make them strong, effective and lasting interventions. Methods that control physiology: diaphragmatic breathing, reducing tension, mindful awareness to offset panic or acute anxiety can be easy to learn but not simple to apply. We will discuss how to make them effective with different age groups and difficult clients if you want to obtain the best results for calming panic and dread. Likewise, controlling the cognitive problems of anxiety, such as catastrophizing or ruminatively worrying, challenge most with anxiety. Learn powerful techniques that cool off worry (“Worry well and only once!” “Knowing, Not Showing Anger”), and challenge faulty cognitions, the obstacles to improving panic and social anxiety (“Counter Cognitions”, etc.). You can help your clients identify and change the ways they avoid their social anxiety. Case examples will clarify planned re-entry to triggering situations, handling the stress of preparation and conducting in vivo exposure.
• Articulate the neurobiological causes of panic, generalized anxiety, and social anxiety and ascertain how this information impacts treatment decisions.
• Implement strategies for stress management to reduce symptoms of anxiety in clients, including lifestyle changes, cognitive interventions and time management tools.
• Model effective use of diaphragmatic breathing techniques for physiological modulation in the treatment of anxiety.
• Communicate how memory reconsolidation assists clients in identifying their anxiety triggers and interrupt the common cognitions that often lead to panic attacks.
• Integrate specific clinical techniques to address persistent worry and understand how this changes the neurobiology of ruminative thought patterns in clients.
• Utilize cognitive therapy interventions with clients to manage perfectionism, procrastination and rigid approaches to problems.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration: Advance Price Early Fee||02 Jan,2020||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||21 Jan,2020||USD 219.99|