Sclerotherapy for Physicians & Nurses is organized by Empire Medical Training (EMT), Inc and will be held on Jan 31, 2020 at Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza, Los Angeles, California, United States of America.
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of Health Care Practitioners involved in the care of the patients with Aesthetic requests.
Medical Education Resources designates this live activity, for a maximum of 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Medical Education Resources is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This CE activity provides 8.0 contact hours of continuing nursing education.
Medical Education Resources is a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 12299, for  contact hours.
Improved techniques, new, safer sclerosing agents, and high patient demand for in-office aesthetic procedures makes Sclerotherapy Training for nurses and physicians a must for any physician practice wishing to expand their services. Over 80 million Americans suffer with unsightly venous disease and the vast majority (75%) of these is cosmetic in nature which you will understand and be able to treat after completing our training. Visible veins give the impression of age and poor health and though many people wish to receive treatment, they are unaware of the safety, effectiveness, and lack of discomfort associated with newer sclerotherapy methods. Sclerotherapy by injection uses small amounts of detergent solutions to irritate the vein walls and achieve ultimate closure of the unwanted vein.
Cosmetic laser centers and vein clinics perform these procedures not only because they are lucrative and simple to perform, but also because their patients receive impressive results using both laser vein therapies and traditional sclerotherapy using FDA approved detergent sclerosants. EMT's comprehensive sclerotherapy training will take you from the prospective patient through the consultation process as well as teach you the latest techniques and protocols used today.
The Sclerotherapy seminar is a combination lecture and workshop where learners will participate in didactic lectures in the morning followed by hands on training in the afternoon. Learners will understand how to use FDA approved sclerosants for various cosmetic vein indications and will also gain a proficiency in the administration as well. The purpose of the training is to help learners provide enhanced patient care to those who present themselves with various medical and cosmetic vein conditions. Procedures which have not been taught in their previous medical education.
• To acquire the necessary skills to properly identify the ideal candidate who will maximally benefit from the Aesthetic Procedures and will also acquire the technical skills to perform such skills to benefit patients aesthetically.
• To educate physicians further concerning their base knowledge of venous anatomy and pathophysiology of medical and aesthetic venous disease. Improve their diagnostic skills concerning medical associated venous disease and improve patient outcomes.
• To acquire the necessary skills to properly identify the ideal candidate for cosmetic sclerotherapy through physical examination and be able to administer treatments in a safe and efficacious manner for greater patient satisfaction.
• Practice procedures such as cosmetic sclerotherapy injections competently, safely, and effectively for their patient. Each participant will understand and learn how to avoid risks and associated complications.
• Apply and understand the generally accepted protocols for the administration of the (2) FDA Approved sclerosants for aesthetic indications (i.e. unwanted arterioles, telangiectasias, and reticular veins). Learn the proper guidelines for the acquisition, patient charting, administration issues (i.e. medical intake forms, informed consents) and the corrective measures for adverse events.
• Describe the mechanism of action and basic venous anatomy, differences between the product characteristics, managing expectations, and accepted after care for follow up after the sclerotherapy procedure.
• Identify who is a proper candidate for the aesthetic sclerotherapy procedure, patient benefits, and education concerning the development of unwanted veins and other environmental reasons for their development. Increase patient awareness and offer enhanced patient care in relation to the management of these unwanted legs and facial veins.
|Contact No. :||866-366-1576|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Early Fee||01 Dec,2019||USD 1,349.00|
|Late Fee||30 Jan,2020||USD 1,799.00|