Rewire the Anxious Brain: Neuroscience-Informed Treatment of Anxiety, Panic and Worry is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Jan 23, 2020 at Hampton Inn Hagerstown, Hagerstown, Maryland, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
• Social Workers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Case Managers
• Addiction Counselors
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapist Assistants
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Join Dr. Heidi Schreiber-Pan, and learn her keys for successful anxiety treatment. Dr. Schreiber-Pan integrates brain-based strategies for calming the anxious mind with client communication techniques that motivate change in your clients. Heidi’s approach promotes adherence to treatment and strengthens the therapeutic alliance - which is essential when working with anxious, worried, traumatized, or obsessive clients. Dr. Schreiber-Pan will give you tools and techniques to:
• Identify and treat the roots of anxiety in both the amygdala and the cortex
• Explain “the language of the amygdala” in an accessible, straight forward way
• Identify how the cortex contributes to anxiety, and empower clients with strategies to resist anxiety-igniting cognitions
Register today for this transformational workshop and put the power of neuroplasticity to work for you and your anxious clients!
• Ascertain the underlying neurological processes that impact anxious symptoms for clients.
• Develop client engagement in treatment using personalized goals and attending to the therapeutic relationship.
• Evaluate the differences between amygdala-based and cortex-based anxiety symptoms and identify how these symptoms inform treatment interventions.
• Communicate strategies for calming and training the amygdala in order to alleviate symptoms of anxiety.
• Implement methods for teaching clients to retrain the cortex so that anxiety is resisted rather than exacerbated.
• Analyze how psychotropic medication impacts neuroplasticity in the brain; identify related treatment implications.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration: Advance Price Early Fee||03 Jan,2020||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||22 Jan,2020||USD 249.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||22 Jan,2020||USD 219.99|