Registered Dental Assistant in Extended Functions (RDAEF) is organized by the University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry. The conference is held from Aug 08, 2020 - May 02, 2021, at the University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, San Francisco, California, United States of America.
CEU: 410 for RDAs, 342 for existing RDAEFs
This activity is assigned to 410/342 units of continuing education credit.
The Dugoni School of Dentistry started its Registered Dental Assistant in Extended Functions (RDAEF) session in June 2011. The next program of the nine-month program will commence on August 8, 2020, directed by Drs. Molly P. Newlon, '82, Brian Kenyon and Leslie McGarvey. This program will satisfy the California Dental Board's requirements for new and existing RDAEFs who wish to develop their licensure in preparation for gaining certification in the new extended functions.
Program for RDAs:
This 410-hour conference trains and provides currently licensed RDAs for the California State Board exam for elongated functions. RDAs successfully completing this program will be able to deliver all the latest procedures in extended functions which include:
• Making the patient oral health evaluations, charting and evaluating of soft tissue, classifying occlusion and myofunctional evaluation
• Achieving oral health assessments in the community and school-based contexts under the direction of a dentist, RDH or RDHAP
• Sizing and suitable endodontic master points and accessory points
• Making final hypotheses for tooth-borne removable prostheses
• Polishing and contouring existing amalgam restorations
• Placing, contouring, finishing and adjusting all direct restorations
• Balancing and cementing permanent indirect restorations
Additionally, attendees will be trained to perform:
• Cord retraction of gingiva for impressions procedures for indirect restorations
• Fitting and cementing endodontic master points and accessory points
• All other procedures authorized and adopted by the dental board
• Please see section 1753.5 of the California Business and Professionals Code
Program for Existing RDAEFs:
This 342-hour session updates existing RDAEFs, licensed prior to January 1, 2010, in the new, admissible schemes for RDAEFs outlined above. Participants who successfully complete the program will be qualified to take the new RDAEF exam and, upon successful completion, will be qualified to perform all the expanded duties of currently licensed California RDAEFs.
Module Dates - Dates may be subject to change.
• Dates marked with one asterisk (*) are half-days.
• Dates marked with two asterisks (**) are only for RDAs. Current RDAEFs do not attend these session dates.
• Dates marked with three asterisks (***) apply to both of the above.
Module 1: August 8, 2020, to October 18, 2020 — 6 weekends
August: 8, 9, 22, 23*, 29 and 30
September: 19 and 20
October: 3, 4, 17, and 18
• Beginning of bases and liners for amalgams, composites and glass ionomers
• Dental anatomy
• Occlusion principles, TMJ and head and neck anatomy
• Oral health assessment, gingival structures
• Oral isolation
• Placement, polishing and anatomy for amalgams, composites and glass ionomers
• Primary and secondary dentition
Module 2: October 24, 2020, to December 13, 2020 — 5 weekends
October: 24 and 25
November: 7, 8, 21, and 22
December: 5, 6, 12, and 13
• Restoration of bases and liners
• Renewal of placement, carving, and polishing of amalgams, composites and glass ionomers
• Dental materials and techniques for making impressions for removable partial dentures
Module 3: January 9, 2021 - May 2, 2021 — 10 weekends; 8 weekends for current RDAEFs
January: 9, 10, 23, and 24
February: 6, 7, 20**, and 21*
March: 6**, 7, 20**, 21, 27**, and 28***
April: 17, 18, 24, and 25
May: 1 and 2
• Dental ergonomics
• Dental materials for interocclusal registration, vasoconstrictors, fixed partial dentures, dental cement
• Fitting, adjusting and cementing of ceramic, all meta and ceramic-metal fixed partial dentures (crowns)
• Hemorrhage control, cord packing, vasoconstrictor use and final impressions
• Complicated restoration techniques
• Oral health assessment exercise with the dental school
• Pulp vitality testing, cone fitting, and cementation
• Restorations in your supervising dentist's office
• Evaluation of all three modules prior to the state dental board exam
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Program Cost for RDA||07 Aug,2020||USD 20,495.00|
|Program Cost for RDAEF||07 Aug,2020||USD 16,495.00|
|Student Kit Fee||07 Aug,2020||USD 2,495.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news