Registered Dental Assistant in Extended Functions (RDAEF) 2020
Registered Dental Assistant in Extended Functions (RDAEF) is organized by University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry and will be held from Aug 08, 2020 - May 02, 2021 at University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, San Francisco, California, United States of America.
CEU: 410 for RDAs, 342 for existing RDAEFs
This activity is designated for 410/342 units of continuing education credit.
The Dugoni School of Dentistry launched its Registered Dental Assistant in Extended Functions (RDAEF) program in June 2011. The next session of the nine-month program will begin in August 8, 2020, directed by Drs. Molly P. Newlon, '82, Brian Kenyon and Leslie McGarvey. This program will satisfy the California Dental Board's requirements for new and existing RDAEFs who wish to expand their licensure in preparation for earning certification in the new extended functions.
Program for RDAs:
This 410-hour program trains and prepares currently licensed RDAs for the California State Board exam for extended functions. RDAs successfully completing this program will be able to perform all the new procedures in extended functions which include:
• Performing patient oral health evaluations, charting and evaluating of soft tissue, classifying occlusion and myofunctional evaluation
• Performing oral health assessments in community and school-based settings under the direction of a dentist, RDH or RDHAP
• Sizing and fitting endodontic master points and accessory points
• Making final impressions for tooth-borne removable prostheses
• Polishing and contouring existing amalgam restorations
• Placing, contouring, finishing and adjusting all direct restorations
• Adjusting and cementing permanent indirect restorations
Additionally, participants will be trained to perform:
• Cord retraction of a gingiva for impressions procedures for indirect restorations
• Fitting and cementing endodontic master points and accessory points
• All other procedures authorized and adopted by the dental board
• Please see section 1753.5 of the California Business and Professionals Code
Program for Existing RDAEFs:
This 342-hour program updates existing RDAEFs, licensed prior to January 1, 2010, in the new, allowable procedures for RDAEFs described above. Participants who successfully complete the program will be eligible to take the new RDAEF exam and, upon successful completion, will be able to perform all the expanded duties of currently licensed California RDAEFs.
Module Dates - Dates may be subject to change.
• Dates marked with one asterisk (*) are half-days.
• Dates marked with two asterisks (**) are only for RDAs. Current RDAEFs do not attend these session dates.
• Dates marked with three asterisks (***) apply to both of the above.
Module 1: August 8, 2020 to October 18, 2020 — 6 weekends
August: 8, 9, 22, 23*, 29 and 30
September: 19 and 20
October: 3, 4, 17, and 18
• Beginning of bases and liners for amalgams, composites and glass ionomers
• Dental anatomy
• Occlusion principles, TMJ and head and neck anatomy
• Oral health assessment, gingival structures
• Oral isolation
• Placement, polishing and anatomy for amalgams, composites and glass ionomers
• Primary and secondary dentition
Module 2: October 24, 2020 to December 13, 2020 — 5 weekends
October: 24 and 25
November: 7, 8, 21, and 22
December: 5, 6, 12, and 13
• Continuation of bases and liners
• Continuation of placement, carving and polishing of amalgams, composites and glass ionomers
• Dental materials and techniques for making impressions for removable partial dentures
Module 3: January 9, 2021 - May 2, 2021 — 10 weekends; 8 weekends for current RDAEFs
January: 9, 10, 23, and 24
February: 6, 7, 20**, and 21*
March: 6**, 7, 20**, 21, 27**, and 28***
April: 17, 18, 24, and 25
May: 1 and 2
• Dental ergonomics
• Dental materials for interocclusal registration, vasoconstrictors, fixed partial dentures, dental cements
• Fitting, adjusting and cementing of ceramic, all meta and ceramo-metal fixed partial dentures (crowns)
• Hemorrhage control, cord packing, vasoconstrictor use and final impressions
• Indirect restoration techniques
• Oral health assessment exercise with the dental school
• Pulp vitality testing, cone fitting and cementation
• Restorations in your supervising dentist's office
• Review of all three modules prior to the state dental board exam
|Contact No. :||415.929.6486|
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Program Cost for RDA||07 Aug,2020||USD 20495.00|
|Program Cost for RDAEF||07 Aug,2020||USD 16495.00|
|Student Kit Fee||07 Aug,2020||USD 2495.00|