Pharmacology of Infectious Diseases & Immunizations for Advanced Practice Clinicians is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Apr 03, 2020 at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, Brookfield, Wisconsin, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
• Advanced Practice Nurses
• Clinical Nurse Specialists
• Nurse Practitioners
• Physician Assistants.
Attend this seminar and learn proper prescribing, patient education and monitoring procedures for a variety of drug regimens used to treat common acute and chronic infectious diseases. Choosing an antibacterial agent can be challenging, given the plethora of drugs available on the market and the emerging trend in bacterial resistance.
You will learn the pharmacology of different classes of antimicrobials used to treat infectious disease states encountered in clinical practice. Discover the spectrums of activity, pharmacokinetic characteristics and parameters for monitoring therapeutic outcomes. Emphasis is placed on the new antimicrobials and advances in evidence-based treatment guidelines. You will leave this seminar better prepared to design appropriate and cost-effective drug regimens for improved therapeutic outcomes.
• Analyze the major classes of antibiotics and their pharmacokinetic characteristics.
• Apply current evidenced-based approaches to select appropriate treatment regimens for common infections encountered in clinical practice.
• Prescribe antimicrobials based on empiric dosing recommendations.
• Plan goals of therapy and parameters for monitoring therapeutic response to antimicrobials.
• Recommend specific antimicrobial therapeutic drug monitoring to maximize efficacy and minimize toxicities (e.g., vancomycin and aminoglycosides).
• Develop preventative strategies to limit antimicrobial resistance.
• Design patient and caregiver education on the proper use of antimicrobials.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration: Advance Price Early Fee||14 Mar,2020||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||02 Apr,2020||USD 219.99|
|Coordinator Fee||02 Apr,2020||USD 30.00|