Perinatal Care and the 4th Trimester: Redefining Prenatal, Postpartum, and Neonatal Care for a New Generation is organized by National Perinatal Association (NPA) and will be held from Dec 02 - 04, 2020 at Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America.
Who Attends NPA Conference?
• Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
• Public Health Advocates
• Insurance Providers
• Community Health Professionals
• Harm Reduction Specialists
• Mental Health Professionals
• Parents and Families Affected by Care Disparities
• IBCLCs and Breastfeeding Counselors
• NICU Clinicians
• Neonatal Therapists
• State Perinatal Coalitions and Quality Collaborative Members
• Students, Residents, and Trainees
• Policy Makers
• Childbirth Educators
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
Our Focus: A New Framework for Multidisciplinary Care in the 4th Trimester
For too long perinatal care focused on nine months of pregnancy and the delivery of a healthy infant at 40 weeks.
Then we underwent a paradigm shift. We realized that the care that we offer in first 100 days after a baby is born are just as important as the care we provide during pregnancy. The 4th Trimester was born! But care practices have lagged behind.
If we're going to adequately meet the needs of parents, infants, and families we need a new multidisciplinary framework for delivering comprehensive, collaborative care during the 4th Trimester.
This means not just addressing the medical needs of postpartum parents and newborns, but creating a safe and responsive environment that is prepared to address the physical, social, emotional, and economic challenges that many families face after the arrival of a child.
We are looking for presentations and posters that relate to studying this topic or addressing such issues through institutional programs or public policy.
Abstracts may describe contributions to theory, policy development, program development and evaluation, delivery of services, or research.
Objectives for 2020 Conference:
• To design a multidisciplinary framework for 4th trimester care that not only addresses the medical needs of postpartum women and newborns, but creates a safe and responsive environment for confronting the mental, social, and economic hardships many women and their families face after the birth of a child.
• To review the latest evidence for optimal newborn feeding and newborn attachment in order to create an inclusive strategy that promotes and normalizes breastfeeding while ensuring all parents have the resources needed to provide the best possible nutrition for their child. (Best Milk initiative)
• Continue to build on NPA's work with healthcare disparities in the perinatal period and focus on alleviating the inherent inequities faced by women of color in the 4th trimester. (Disparities workgroup, Transcultural workgroup)
• Redefine discharge planning for the fragile newborn utilizing a multidisciplinary approach that incorporates the medical, economic, and psychosocial needs of families taking a baby home from the NICU. (Interdisciplinary workgroup on NICU Discharge Planning and Preparation)
• Address specific circumstances such as substance use disorder, post traumatic stress, pregnancy loss, and postpartum depression with evidence-based interventions and compassionate care that empowers women and their families. (Perinatal Substance Use workgroup, Psychologists in the NICU program)
• Begin an advocacy campaign for paid family medical leave that promotes family bonding, allows for proper recovery from childbirth, and emphasizes the importance of the 4th trimester for healthy human development.
|Contact No. :||(314) 440-7454|
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Non-Member Fee||01 Dec,2020||USD 575.00|
|Member Fee||01 Dec,2020||USD 475.00|
|Parent/Student/Trainee Fee||01 Dec,2020||USD 150.00|
|One Day Registration - Wednesday, December 2, 2020 - Fee||01 Dec,2020||USD 250.00|
|One Day Registration - Thursday, December 3, 2020 - Fee||01 Dec,2020||USD 250.00|
|One Day Registration - Friday, December 4, 2020 - Fee||01 Dec,2020||USD 200.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news