Pediatric feeding and swallowing: Managing complex issues (Apr 17, 2020)
Pediatric feeding and swallowing: Managing complex issues is organized by Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT) / Association canadienne des ergotherapeutes (ACE) and will be held on Apr 17, 2020 at Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre (Broadway), Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This workshop is intended for occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists who work with infants and children who present complex feeding and swallowing issues.
This one-day workshop will focus on advancing the knowledge base and skill level of therapists working with infants and children with complex feeding and swallowing issues. The assessment and clinical presentation of different issues including motor, respiratory, sensory, gastrointestinal and swallowing will be explored and demonstrated through video. Practical intervention strategies for different issues will be discussed and demonstrated with video. Finally, complex cases will be presented to allow you to reflect on and consolidate learning and enhance problem solving. The content of this workshop reflects best practice and is based on an integration of information from the presenter’s extensive clinical experience as well as current evidence from the literature.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Differentiate between different types of feeding and swallowing issues based on clinical presentation.
• Implement appropriate interventions based on assessment findings.
• Work collaboratively as part of an interprofessional feeding team in conducting assessments and providing interventions for children with feeding and swallowing issues.
• Understand when and how to advocate for nutritional and medical interventions.
• Apply a problem-solving approach in working with infants and children with complex, multi- factorial issues affecting feeding and swallowing.
|Contact No. :||1-800-434-2268 ext. 222|
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Non member - Conference Fee||01 Apr,2020||USD 431.25|
|CAOT Member and Associates - Conference Fee||01 Apr,2020||USD 287.50|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Non member - Early Fee||15 Jan,2020||USD 356.25|
|CAOT Member and Associates - Early Fee||15 Jan,2020||USD 237.50|