Ophthalmology Mock Oral Course is organized by The Osler Institute and will be held from Mar 17 - 19, 2020 at Sheraton Phoenix Crescent, Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America.
Designation: The Osler Institute designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hone your critical reasoning and evaluation skills in an intensive 3-day case review course designed to help you zero in on what is most clinically relevant for diagnosis, treatment approach, and patient management in all essential areas of Ophthalmology. The course begins with a lecture on critical reasoning and communication skills important to passing the Oral Certification exam and that will be emphasized during the mock oral exams to follow. The course covers standard of care relevant cases utilizing a half-hour public mock oral exam with feedback format. Participants and faculty review face-to-face in a 25-minute simulation of the oral board process followed by faculty critique. Course fees include participating in two public mock orals and observing others being examined. Learn by doing and from observing. Participants may purchase additional mock orals if desired (public or private); however, availability may be limited within two weeks of the start of the course. Enter Mock Oral topics preference(s) in the indicated box in the cart during the checkout process.
At the conclusion of this course, each participant should be able to:
• Apply the basic principles of optics to refractory problems and how to correct them
• Discuss common ocular conditions and delineate how to correlate clinical and pathologic findings
• Diagnose and manage common types of congenital and acquired disorders in children
• Explain the process of cataract surgery and potential complications
• Explain the basic concepts of glaucoma diagnosis and treatment approaches
• Discuss the differential diagnosis and treatment of uveitis
• Delineate how to apply differential surgical approaches to ocular surface reconstruction
• Construct contextually appropriate differential diagnoses for most ophthalmic disorders
• Identify levels of evidence to support the most effective interventional strategies and communicate said evidence to patients
Mock Oral Exam Topics
• Optics, Refraction & Physiology
• Neuro-ophthalmology & Orbit
• External Eye and Adnexa
• Anterior Segment of the Eye
• Posterior Segment of the Eye
• Pediatrics, and Strabismus
If you are interested in purchasing any additional Mock Orals (public $125; private $165) please contact The Osler Institute at 800-356-7537; space and topic availability may be limited within the two weeks prior to the course.
|Contact No. :||800-356-7537
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $1075.50|
|Early Fee||:||USD $945.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|
Sheraton Phoenix Crescent
2620 West Dunlap Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sheraton Phoenix Crescent,
2620 W Dunlap Ave,
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America 85021,