Norwegian Fjords & the Midnight Sun on Holland America: Current Medical/Dental Issues & Scandinavian Healthcare
Norwegian Fjords & the Midnight Sun on Holland America: Current Medical/Dental Issues & Scandinavian Healthcare is organized by Professional Education Society (PES) and will be held from Jun 07 - 21, 2020 at MS Nieuw Statendam, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands.
Physicians: Programs are reviewed by the American Academy of Family Physicians for a minimum of 14 Prescribed Credit Hours. AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) toward the AMA Physician Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
Dentists: The Professional Education Society is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The Professional Education Society designates this activity for a minimum of 14 continuing education credits.
Nurses: The Professional Education Society is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 5428, for up to 14 contact hours. Although the California Board of Registered Nursing does not approve individual continuing education courses, providers are required by law to be approved by the Board. Reciprocity for continuing education hours for nurses is available in most states. Please check with your regulation board regarding requirements.
Join PES and cruise majestic fjords, sail across the Arctic Circle to witness the remote beauty of North Cape, and explore small villages surrounded by breathtaking scenery and steeped in Viking history!
Seminar Overview/Statement of Purpose:
The healthcare industry worldwide continues to face challenges and obstacles with providing quality healthcare and patient outcomes with continuing budgetary and resource challenges. Healthcare delivery is focusing more on prevention at the community level to meet these challenges. Scandinavian countries, including Norway, have by necessity developed a healthcare delivery model combining population-based public health principles and prevention with clinical medicine due to their isolated locale and limited resources. Through professional exchanges with in-country practitioners, this program explores Scandinavia’s commitment to primary care as key to improving population health, how to effectively deal with the aging population while keeping rising healthcare costs down, and how to keep up with and utilize the newest technology. By design, this program offers opportunities for medical professionals to compare and contrast cultural perspectives with current best practices in their own professional setting. During this program, we will be looking at varied practice models from hospital and clinics. Each have a unique approach; however, we all desire the same outcome.
Cruise Itinerary Highlights:
• Experience the Midnight Sun during the Summer Solstice
• Visit Norway’s largest national park, waterfalls, and mountain plateaus in panoramic Eidfjord, home to less than 1,000 inhabitants
• Explore Bergen, a charming city with deep maritime and Viking roots
• Travel to the Artic port of Honningsvag, your gateway to North Cape
• Discover Flam: A fairy-tale place with steep-sided fjords, sweeping valleys and the scenic Flam Railway
• Encounter Stavanger’s incredible beauty and ancient history – from the natural wonder of Pulpit Rock to historic museums and churches
Your Holland America Cruise Features:
• A world of dining – from The Dining Room, specialty restaurants Rudi’s Sel de Mer and Tamarind, to a variety of casual options
• Wide array of engaging opportunities for exploration, entertainment, and relaxation including World Stage with nightly performances, multiple live music venues, live cooking shows, Lido Pool with giant LED movie screen, shops, spa, fitness center, wraparound teak decks, and casino, plus youth- and teen-friendly activities
• Variety of bars and lounges including wine and whiskey tasting rooms
• Carefully crafted, locally guided shore excursions available
• Award-winning service – nearly 1 crew member for every 2 guests
Planned In Country Healthcare Topics Include:
• Scandinavian Healthcare System: History, Challenges & Conquests
• Updates & Scandinavian Perspectives in Dentistry
• Community Healthcare Delivery: From Prenatal to Palliative Care
• Oral Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
• Generational & Gender Perspectives in Medical Care
• Travel Medicine Updates & Medicine at Sea
Keep abreast of rapid expansion of medical knowledge and current best practice models on multiple topics to facilitate change and thus provide continually excellent patient care.
By design, this program permits medical experts to collaborate with colleagues and international counterparts to realize cross-cultural viewpoints and updates within the treatment and prevention of disease and offers opportunities to compare and contrast current best practices to supply quality patient care and outcomes in their own professional setting
Call or email PES today to reserve your stateroom or suite!
Call Toll Free: 877-737-7005
|Contact No. :||877-737-7005
June 07, 2020
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Professional Seminar Fee||07 Jun,2020||USD 695.00|
|Seminar Attendance Fee||07 Jun,2020||USD 450.00|