Medical Spanish & Cultural Competency Conference - Las Vegas
Organized by : Rios Associates
Specialities : Emergency Medicine, Cardiology, Orthopedics, Psychiatry, Nutrition, Alternative Medicine, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Surgery, Family Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Dermatology, Hospital Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Occupational Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy and Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Pharmacology, Endocrinology, Behavioral Health, Nursing, OBGYN and Women's Health, Internal Medicine, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistants, Social Worker Clinical, Nurse Practitioner
Medical Spanish & Cultural Competency Conference is organized by Rios Associates and will be held from Dec 11 - 14, 2020 at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America.
McGraw Hill's Complete Medical Spanish Textbook and 45 AMA/ACEP/AAFP category 1 CME credit included.
Rios Associates objective is to bridge the language and cultural barrier gap between healthcare providers and Latino (Spanish speaking) patients.
Rios Associates trainings help build rapport between healthcare providers and their patients, promote safe and high-quality patient care, improve patient satisfaction, enhance appropriate utilization of healthcare resources, as well as, increase preventive health activities and compliance.
This 4-day, individually tailored conversational, medical and cultural Spanish CME conference consists of interactive live teaching, medical dialogues, role-plays/practice sessions, cross-cultural discussions and daily practice with our McGraw Hill's Complete Medical Spanish textbook. This method is highly suitable for those with limited time who must use their new language skills immediately.
Participants who complete this 4-day intensive course will:
• Acquire the ability to interview patients in Spanish in a culturally competent manner, take a medical history, conduct a physical examination, give prescription and follow-up instructions and intervene with medical emergencies, while taking cultural sensitivity into account to increase compliance.
• Recognize a Spanish vocabulary of 1,500 to 2,000 general and medical terms.
• Develop a good flow of speech in present, future, and past tenses, as well as the command form.
• Obtain some degree of Cultural Competency concerning time, personal space, family dynamics, foods, health and particularly medical care.
• Utilize the skills necessary to continue language acquisition through daily practice and personal experience.
Classes are limited in size to give personal attention to each participant’s needs. Early registration is suggested to guarantee your place.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CME : 45
Circus Circus Hotel & Casino
2880 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America
At Nominal Fares
Find Low Cost
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine