This conference has been CANCELLED.
Mayo Clinic Orthopedic Infectious Diseases 2020 is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Jun 18 - 19, 2020 at Hilton Rochester Mayo Clinic Area, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America.
This course is relevant for infectious diseases specialists, infectious diseases trainees, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners with interest in managing patients with infections.
• 10.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
• 10.50 Attendance
Designed for the infectious diseases practitioner, this is Mayo Clinic's first course dedicated entirely to the challenges of managing orthopedic infections. The course will feature highly interactive, case-based modules starting with a series of high-yield lightning topics delivered by subject matter experts addressing diagnostic and therapeutic challenges. Examples include discordant MSIS criteria for PJI; significance of the unexpected positive intra-operative culture; and use of oral antibiotics for treatment of musculoskeletal infections. The lightning topics are followed by case-based group discussions led by a panel of experts.
The course will take place at the same place and time as the International Congress for Joint Reconstruction (ICJR), a premier orthopedic CME course. There will be a two-hour combined session with the participating orthopedic surgeons to discuss mutually relevant topics such as antibiotic dosing for spacers/local antibiotic delivery; issues surrounding join re-implantation (timing of re-implant, surveillance ESR/CRP, the pre-implant aspiration); when to consider one-stage exchange; and post re-implant extended prophylaxis. Attendees will leave with up-to-date, practical information that can be applied immediately to their clinical practice.
• Interpret discordant MSIS criteria in the diagnosis of PJI
• Formulate an appropriate treatment duration post-DAIR
• Analyze the significance of an unexpected intra-operative positive culture including Cutibacterium acnes
• Describe the treatment approach for uncommon causes of PJI such as fungal, mycobacterial, and difficult to culture organisms
• Apply and implement findings of the OVIVA trial, landmark RTC for our field
• Recognize the basics of phage therapy, a novel therapeutic strategy
• Demonstrate the management of non-lower extremity PJI orthopedic infections including vertebral Infections, upper Extremity PJI, pressure ulcers, diabetic feet and long bone osteomyelitis
• First course dedicated entirely to orthopedic infections
• Highly interactive case-based modules
• Series of high-yield "lightning topics" delivered by subject matter experts addressing diagnostic and therapeutic challenges
• Combined sessions with orthopedic colleagues for first hand perspectives on comprehensive medical and surgical management of orthopedic infections
• Runs parallel to International Congress for Joint Reconstruction (ICJR), a premiere orthopedic CME course with combined session
• Practical updates that can be immediately applied into daily practice
• Geared towards increasing clinician knowledge and improving patient outcomes
|Contact No. :||1-800-323-2688
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|M.D., D. O., Ph.D. Fee||19 Jun,2020||USD 499.00|
|Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree Fee||19 Jun,2020||USD 399.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news