Mayo Clinic Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) Symposium 2020 - General Session and Webinar is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Mar 27 - 28, 2020 at Mayo Clinic Building Scottsdale, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America.
This course is designed to meet the needs of anesthesiologists, cardiologists, emergency physicians, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, and all other providers who care for patients in any setting in which critical care is provided.
• 16.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
• 16.75 AOA Category 2-A
• 16.75 Attendance
This highly immersive hands-on workshop provides the latest techniques and technology surrounding the clinical use of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO). Through integrated clinical scenarios providers will apply the knowledge gained towards the initiation and management of ECMO on simulated cases of acute respiratory and hemodynamic failure. Participants will deepen their understanding of the applied physiology of both venovenous and venoarterial ECMO utilizing the highest fidelity simulation labs and its interaction with conventional life support treatments. Attendees will continue to build on the ECPR training provided with high-intensity hands-on skills sessions. Participants will resuscitate using ECMO, Mechanical Ventilation and Point of Care lab testing while instructors use ultrasound, exhaled CO2 and invasive hemodynamic monitoring to facilitate learner visualization of applicable physiologic principles.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Identify the components of the ECMO circuit
• Describe basic and advanced physiology of venovenous and venoarterial ECMO.
• Recognize major indications and contraindications of venovenous and venoarterial ECMO.
• Identify common problems and major complications of ECMO.
• Experience and describe the inter-professional roles necessary to ambulate a patient on ECMO.
• Differentiate the interaction ECMO has on various patient organ systems.
• Comprehensively assess the ECMO patient with appropriate monitoring techniques.
• Identify the basic infrastructure needed to build and sustain an ECMO program.
|Contact No. :||480.301.4580
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price||Quantity||Total|
Pay through our Chase-certified secure payment gateway.