Management and Utilization of the RDAEF Conference is organized by Loma Linda University School of Dentistry (LLUSD) and will be held on Feb 16, 2020 at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, Loma Linda, California, United States of America.
This course meets the Dental Board of California’s requirements for 7 units of continuing education.
There is strong evidence that allied dental personnel increase productivity of dental offices and clinics. In 2010, via AB 2637, California Registered Dental Assistants in Extended Functions (RDAEF) received additional restorative functions, allowable under the direct supervision of a dentist. These functions include:
• Conduct preliminary evaluation of the patient's oral health, including (but not limited to) charting, intraoral and extra-oral evaluation of soft tissue, classifying occlusion, and myofunctional evaluation.
• Perform oral health assessments in school-based, community health project settings under the direction of a dentist, registered dental hygienist, or registered dental hygienist in alternative practice.
• Size and fit endodontic master points and accessory points.
• Cement endodontic master points and accessory points.
• Take final impressions for tooth-borne removable prosthesis.
• Place, contour, finish, and adjust all direct restorations.
• Polish and contour existing amalgam restorations.
• Adjust and cement permanent indirect restorations.
• Perform cord retraction of gingiva for impression procedures.
• Take final impressions for permanent indirect restorations.
The purpose of this course is to provide an in-depth knowledge of the Loma Linda University RDAEF program and details of the extensive training that the students receive. You will have an opportunity to see the quality of work that these students have produced.
At the end of the course, dentists will be informed on how to evaluate the direct restorations placed by the RDAEFs in their practice.
• Understand the California laws and regulations pertaining to the scope of duties and utilization of the RDAEF2 in practice.
• Gain an in-depth knowledge of the RDAEF curriculum.
• Learn from other dentists how the RDAEF2 has improved their dental practices.
• Learn how stress can be reduced and moral is raised by the utilization of the RDAEF2.
• Learn how to incorporate the RDAEF2 into your practice.
• See images of the outstanding work performed by the RDAEF students.
• Be calibrated to perform evaluations of restorations performed by the RDAEF2 in your practice.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|DDS Fee||15 Feb,2020||USD 195.00|
|AUX Fee||15 Feb,2020||USD 145.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news