Limited Ob Ultrasound Course is organized by Thomas Jefferson University (TJU) and will be held from Jun 11 - 13, 2020 at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
This program is designed for the nurse-midwife, nurse practitioner, physician assistant or other medical professional who has limited or no formal training in diagnostic ultrasound and wishes to learn the basic concepts of limited ultrasound applications in Obstetrics.
Thomas Jefferson University designates this live material activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• Entire Course ONLY - 13 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
• Entire Course AND Hands-On - 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
• This activity has also been approved by the ACNM for 12 Contact Hours.
This two day program covers the AWHON recommended curriculum for Limited OB Ultrasound. Live demonstrations and hands-on scanning sessions are utilized extensively to teach ultrasound scanning techniques and protocols. Lectures are geared toward recognition of normal anatomy and common disorders, understanding of the protocols and standards, and performing appropriate measurements and documentation of the procedure.
Typical presentations in this program include:
• Introduction to Ultrasound Physics for Obstetric Imaging
• Introduction to Ultrasound Instrumentation
• Normal Pelvic Ultrasound Anatomy
• Transabdominal Scanning Techniques
• Transvaginal Pelvic Scanning Techniques
• Introduction to Ultrasound Evaluation of the Cervix
• Demonstration of Pelvic Ultrasound Scanning
• 1st Trimester Pregnancy
• Basic Obstetrical Measurements
• Basic Fetal Anatomy
• Guidelines for Limited Obstetric Ultrasound
• Basics of Fetal Biophysical Profile
• Amniotic Fluid Assessment
• Demonstration of Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound Imaging
• Self-Assessment and Case Review
On completion of this course the participant should be able to:
• describe the basic principles of ultrasound
• recognize and identify normal structures of the female pelvis on ultrasound images
• recognize and identify fetal position and presentation
• distinguish between normal and abnormal ultrasound findings in pelvic and fetal ultrasound
• list and describe the basic fetal measurements
• list and describe the elements of fetal biophysical profile
• Improve patient care through implementation of limited OB ultrasound in their clinical practice
• Assess their current practice in light of the information and discussions in during the course and identify specific strategies to implement as part of a continuing improvement process for their practice of limited OB ultrasound.
Optional Hands-on Session:
An optional instructional hands-on scanning session is held on Saturday morning from 9:00 AM to approximately noon. During the session participants perform transabdominal and transvaginal pelvic scanning on non-pregnant models, and transabdominal limited OB scanning on third-trimester pregnant models. Register early, Hands-on is available on a limited first-come first-served basis.
Please note that the Optional Hands-On Session is the only activity on Saturday. No lectures are held on Saturday.
|Contact No. :||215-955-8533|
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Tuition Fee||10 Jun,2020||USD 950.00|
|Tuition Fee Plus Optional Saturday Hands-On Session Fee||10 Jun,2020||USD 1250.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news