Lifestyle Medicine in Day-to-Day Practice: Skills Development Programs for Guiding Patients to Healthier Lives 2020
Lifestyle Medicine in Day-to-Day Practice: Skills Development Programs for Guiding Patients to Healthier Lives is organized by Harvard Medical School (HMS) and will be held from Dec 10 - 12, 2020 at Conference Center at Waltham Woods, Waltham, Massachusetts, United States of America.
Who Should Attend:
• Nurse Practitioners
• Physician Assistants
• Health and Wellness Coaches
• Registered Nurses
• Physical Therapists
• Social Workers
• Exercise Physiologists
• Occupational Therapists
• Fellows in Training
• Personal Trainers
Earn up to
• 13.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for Active Lives
• 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for CHEF Coaching – The Basics
• 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for pre-course, Clinicans in the Kitchen
CHEF Coaching – The Basics and CHEF Coaching – Beyond the Basics together are approved for 15 CPEUs.
This Harvard Medical School CME program offers a series of targeted lifestyle medicine educational and skills development programs. What makes this education unique is its focus on the “how-to” elements of lifestyle medicine -- how to expand your current approaches to treatment and prevention with pragmatic, effective, evidence-based lifestyle medicine interventions.
This year, we offer the following educational and skills development programs. You can attend the one(s) that align with your interests:
• Active Lives: A 2-day program that provides strategies, practice recommendations, and skills development to help patients engage with and raise their levels of physical activity
• Culinary Health Education Fundamentals (CHEF) Coaching —The Basics: A 1-day Culinary Medicine program that provides strategies and skills to empower patients to improve nutrition through home cooking
• Clinicians in the Kitchen: A 3-hour, hands-on education experience
These highly interactive learning experiences provide practical education, opportunities to develop state-of-the-art skills, and take-home tools to enable your success in effectively and efficiently helping your patients adopt and sustain lifestyle behaviors that will improve their health and quality of life.
For more specific information on these programs and to register, please visit the course website at https://lmtools.hmscme.com/
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Apply important principles of exercise science to adult and pediatric patients.
• Negotiate and write an effective exercise prescription.
• Demonstrate various exercise activities for personal use and for the purposes of educating patients.
• Track the results of a patient’s physical activity plan.
• Improve and maintain a personal program of regular physical activity.
• Define the relationship between home cooking and health; and understand the rationale for the importance of patients’ culinary behaviors.
• Discuss common barriers to home cooking, and explore alternative cooking skills to help address those barriers.
• Develop basic culinary confidence and skills, and learn strategies to facilitate cooking for improved personal health.
• Demonstrate basic patient-centered culinary knowledge and skills; and describe strategies for empowering patients to adopt home cooking.
• Apply culinary resources to improve culinary behaviors of physicians/clinicians and their patients.
Main Conference: Dec 10 - 12, 2020
Clinicians in the Kitchen - Wednesday December 9, 2020
Time: 11:00am - 2:00pm or 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Culinary Health Education Fundamentals (CHEF) Coaching – Beyond the Basics - Five 75-minute, weekly, distance-learning sessions starting January 2021 (several time options available)
|Contact No. :||617-384-8600|
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Active Lives: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (December 10 - 12, 2020) - Early Fee||31 Oct,2020||USD 995.00|
|Active Lives: Friday and Saturday (December 11 - 12, 2020) - Early Fee||31 Oct,2020||USD 695.00|
|Culinary Health Education Fundamentals (CHEF) Coaching - The Basics: Thursday (December 10, 2020) Fee||09 Dec,2020||USD 350.00|