Leadership Summit is organized by The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) and will be held on Jan 24, 2020 at New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America.
Cardiothoracic surgeons in their first 8 years of practice
Leadership Beyond the Operating Room for Early Career Surgeons is a new course designed to help develop the next generation of leaders in the profession. Cardiothoracic surgeons who are in their first 8 years of practice (academic or private practice) are invited to participate and learn about core leadership skills that are imperative for success in an ever-changing health care environment.
This interactive afternoon course will focus on three core areas—managing people, managing finances, and managing yourself. Each topic area will include brief lectures from STS surgeon leaders and invited experts, followed by small group discussions of case studies and then a full group discussion. Surgeon mentors will be placed strategically in each of the groups. At the conclusion of the course, attendees are invited to stay for a special networking reception.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Discuss the impact of organizational culture and how to influence change
• Identify tools for communicating effectively within a diverse working environment
• Describe the structure of institutional finances and keys to service line profitability
• Summarize strategies for achieving personal goals inside and outside of the workplace
• List the definitions of wellness and identify skillsets for obtaining work/life balance
Additional details will be posted as soon as the information is available.
|Contact No. :||312-202-5800
Conference Fee Details
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|