Leadership Strategies for Evolving Health Care Executives
Leadership Strategies for Evolving Health Care Executives is organized by Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Executive and Continuing Professional Education (ECPE) and will be held from Apr 26, 2020 - May 01, 2020 at FXB Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America.
Who Should Participate:
Participants in this dynamic program are health care executives and emerging leaders in either clinical or nonclinical roles who wish to adapt their knowledge and skills to this constantly changing field, including:
• CEO, CIO, COO, CMO
• Department Chairs/Division Chiefs
• Group Practice Executives
• Health Care Consultants
• Health Systems Executives
• Hospital Executives
• Medical Directors
• Nurse Executives
• Physician Executives
Continuing Education Credit:
The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health designates this activity for a maximum of 30.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health will grant 3.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for this program, equivalent to 30.5 contact hours of education. Participants can apply these contact hours toward other professional education accrediting organizations.
Health Care Executive Leadership Program Overview
Focusing on management systems specific to health care, this program provides skill building in the critical areas of leadership and management development.
The curriculum is designed to develop conflict resolution, operational analysis, employee management, and quality management techniques necessary to achieve individual and organizational objectives.
Today’s knowledge base is different from that of even six months ago, and the solutions to tomorrow’s problems are within reach.
As a leader in the continuously evolving field of health care, you have the formidable and immediate challenge of creating both short- and long-term strategies. This six-day program will enable you to respond proactively to the rapidly changing health care environment.
Program Benefits — Why You Should Participate
Gain insight into and develop the skills required to lead effectively in the dynamic and fast-changing field of health care. You will learn from distinguished Harvard faculty and network with professionals from prominent organizations.
• Save money by knowing how to purchase services more effectively
• Learn how to decrease costly medical, patient, administrative, and management errors
• Build teams and processes to reduce redundancy; improving quality and reducing waste
• Benefit from consultant quality insight; improving productivity while increasing morale
Objectives & Highlights:
• Leadership sessions on motivation, negotiation, ethics, financial management, and more
• Active discussion groups that facilitate the sharing of experiences, address specific challenges, and create workplace solutions
• Distinguished Harvard faculty members, complemented by health care industry experts
• Professional networking with colleagues from highly regarded organizations
• Harvard Faculty Club reception and dinner, a meeting place for the University’s highest-ranking scholars and dignitaries
• Explore current issues that surround organizational changes, learn systematic methods for identifying target constituencies, and apply approaches to maximize positive acceptance and minimize resistance
• Create a culture of operational excellence in a health care organization
• Utilize the necessary tools to gain a firm grasp of your organization’s financial structure to effectively bring your vision to reality
• Use interest-based negotiation, multidimensional problem solving, meta leadership, and other effective techniques to build collaboration and manage conflicts across complex health care systems
• Leverage the skills and processes necessary to transform and lead groups into productive, high-performing teams
• Grow your understanding of the management control activities that provide the formula for financial success
• Develop the crucial qualities, actions, and approaches necessary to be a successful leader
• Discover your own leadership and motivational style and how this knowledge can help maximize your productivity and impact
• Gain insight into skills and attributes needed to lead and the value of a diversity of views and backgrounds
• Understand design thinking and how it can be used as a process for stimulating innovation in your organization
• Gain an understanding of innovative approaches to enhancing the patient and family experience while concurrently improving the efficiency and effectiveness of health care
• Be able to explain and apply the dynamics of politics, culture, political culture and policy, alongside agenda setting, conflict and the role of narrative in policy making
• Discuss the strategic challenges facing your own institution, and how you can effectively lead your organizations through the next wave of change confronting the health care industry
• Understand change management concepts and apply them to real world experience
• Understand best practices in giving and delivering feedback
• Identify communication strategies for difficult conversations
• Build your confidence as a leader to handle conflict and difficult conversations
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||617.432.2100
Course Fee Details
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|