Introductory 2-day Course: Maximizing Functional Movement Following Traumatic Brain Injury. The Bobath Concept is organized by The Canadian Bobath Instructors Association (CBIA) and will be held on Nov 07, 2020 at Neuro-Ability Rehabilitation Services, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an introductory course for physiotherapists and occupational therapists on the clinical application of the contemporary Bobath concept with respect to the treatment and management of movement dysfunction post traumatic brain injury (TBI). Emphasis will be placed on the initial months following injury. The course will consist of lecture, discussion, patient demonstration and practical sessions.
The following topics will be explored and discussed:
• An introduction to biomechanics and motor control of functional movement with relevance to treatment of individuals following TBI.
• An introduction to human movement analysis with relevance to treatment of individuals following TBI
• An introduction to motor and sensory physiology underlying functional movement with relevance to treatment of individuals following TBI.
• An introduction to the physiology underlying abnormal movement following TBI.
• An introduction to intervention for biomechanical limitations.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Non-member Fee||06 Nov,2020||CAD 467.25|
|NSD Member Fee||06 Nov,2020||CAD 409.50|
|CPA, CAOT or Prov Society Member Fee||06 Nov,2020||CAD 425.25|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news