Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound with Interventional Cadaver Lab
Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound with Interventional Cadaver Lab is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held from Aug 24 - 26, 2020 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, St Petersburg, Florida, United States of America.
Physicians, Chiropractors, NP’s, PA’s, Sonographers, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers and other medical professionals specializing in: Sports Medicine, Orthopedics, Rheumatology, PM&R, Pain Management, Emergency Medicine, Regenerative Medicine, and other MSK related fields
Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound With Interventional Cadaver Lab - Live Course
• The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
• The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 23.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 23.50 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Msk Ultrasound Imaging Fundamentals - Online Video
The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Course with Interventional Cadaver Lab provides participants a comprehensive introduction to musculoskeletal ultrasound on topics based on AIUM practice guidelines. These courses are taught by leading musculoskeletal ultrasound experts that incorporates comprehensive lectures on upper and lower extremity applications, live scanning demonstrations, and interactive case presentations featuring a 3:1 participant to faculty hands-on scan ratio with live models, phantoms and human cadaver labs.
Performing ultrasound-guided interventions requires a strong knowledge base pertaining to scanning techniques, recognition of normal anatomy, pathologic conditions, and needle-guidance techniques. The use of human cadaveric specimens allows the learner to augment the scanning and interventional skills in order to immediately begin integrating the skills into clinical practice.
These courses are held at multiple dates throughout the year, making it the perfect course for both local participants and participants traveling to Florida. For the most comprehensive MSK Ultrasound education, combine the Introduction to MSK Ultrasound program with either the Advanced/Interventional or Regenerative Medicine MSK program. Further enhance your diagnostic and interventional skills for increased confidence and competence to expand patient services. Tuition discounts are available for the combined programs along with cost-savings related to travel expenses.
• Shoulder Anatomy & Scanning Techniques
• Live Demo: Ultrasound Evaluation of the Shoulder
• Hands-On Scanning: Shoulder
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Shoulder Pathology
• Elbow Anatomy & Scan Techniques
• Live Demo: Ultrasound Evaluation of the Elbow
• Ultrasound Guided Injection Techniques
• Hands-On Scanning: Elbow
• Wrist & Hand Anatomy, Scan Techniques
• Live Demo: Ultrasound Evaluation of the Wrist & Hand
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Wrist and Hand Pathology
• Hands-On Scanning: Wrist & Hand
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Ankle & Foot
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Ankle/Foot Pathology
• Hands-On Scanning: Ankle & Foot
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Hip & Live Demo
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Knee: Normal Anatomy & Scanning Techniques
• Hands-On Scanning: Knee & Hip
• Knee Pathology & Live Demo
• Cadaver Lab: Upper Extremity Injection Techniques Rotation 1
• Cadaver Lab: Lower Extremity Injection Techniques Rotation 2
• Use of Ultrasound in Rheumatology Applications
• Increase the participant's knowledge to better perform and/or interpret MSK ultrasound examinations.
List the indications, benefits, and limitations of MSK ultrasound for sports medicine injuries, physical medicine & rehabilitation, and rheumatology applications.
• Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produce diagnostic images.
• Demonstrate scanning protocols for performing shoulder, elbow, wrist/hand, knee, ankle/foot, & hip ultrasound examinations.
• Identify normal anatomy during musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging.
• Identify the sonographic appearance of commonly seen pathology of the shoulder, knee, elbow, wrist/hand, ankle, and foot.
• Demonstrate the use of MSK sonography for diagnosis and ultrasound-guided interventions and describe "in-plane" and "out of plane" injections/aspiration techniques using inanimate phantoms.
• Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, techniques and interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
• Identify the sonographic anatomy during the performance of ultrasound guided MSK injections on cadaver models.
• Demonstrate the principles of imaging techniques for performance of upper and lower extremity MSK injections on cadaver models.
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Regular Fee||23 Aug,2020||USD 4,090.00|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Advanced Fee||25 Jul,2020||USD 3,890.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news