Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Course (Aug 24 - 26, 2020)
Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Course is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held from Aug 24 - 26, 2020 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, St Petersburg, Florida, United States of America.
Physicians, Chiropractors, NP’s, PA’s, Sonographers, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers and other medical professionals specializing in: Sports Medicine, Orthopedics, Rheumatology, PM&R, Pain Management, Emergency Medicine, Regenerative Medicine, and other MSK related fields.
• The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 19.50 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
• This program has been approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 6.75 Class A CE credits
Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Live Training Course provides participants a comprehensive introduction to musculoskeletal ultrasound. These courses are taught by leading musculoskeletal ultrasound experts that incorporates comprehensive lectures on upper and lower extremity applications for diagnostic and ultrasound guided injection/aspiration techniques. Live demonstrations, and interactive case presentations are also included. Extensive hands-on scanning is provided for upper and lower extremity applications featuring a 3:1 participant to faculty hands-on scan ratio with live models and inanimate phantoms. An optional interventional human cadaver lab can also be added to this course and is highly recommended for those interested in performing ultrasound-guided procedures/interventions such as joint aspirations and injections.
The Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound course can also be combined with the 2-day Advanced/interventional or Regenerative Medicine MSK program. The combined program offers a discounted tuition and enables the participant to further expand skills and knowledge while at the same time consolidate travel expenses.
• Shoulder Anatomy & Scanning Techniques
• Live Demonstration: Ultrasound Evaluation of the Shoulder
• Hands-On Scanning: Shoulder
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Shoulder Pathology
• Elbow Anatomy & Scan Techniques
• Live Demonstration: Ultrasound Evaluation of the Elbow
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Elbow Pathology
• Ultrasound Guided Injection Techniques
• Hands-On Scanning: Elbow
• Wrist & Hand Anatomy, Scan Techniques
• Live Demonstration: Ultrasound Evaluation of the Wrist & Hand
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Wrist & Hand Pathology
• Hands-On Scanning: Wrist & Hand
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Ankle & Foot
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Ankle/Foot Pathology
• Hands-On Scanning: Ankle/Foot
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Hip & Live Demo
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Knee: Normal Anatomy & Scanning Techniques
• Knee Pathology & Live Demo
• Hands-On Scanning: Knee & Hip
• Increase the participant's knowledge to better perform and/or interpret MSK ultrasound examinations.
• List the indications, benefits, and limitations of MSK ultrasound for sports medicine injuries, physical medicine & rehabilitation, and rheumatology applications.
• Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produce diagnostic images.
• Demonstrate scanning protocols for performing shoulder, elbow, wrist/hand, knee, ankle/foot, & hip ultrasound examinations.
• Identify normal anatomy during musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging.
• Identify the sonographic appearance of commonly seen pathology of the shoulder, knee, elbow, wrist/hand, ankle, and foot.
• Demonstrate the use of MSK sonography for diagnosis and ultrasound-guided interventions and describe "in-plane" and "out of plane" injections/aspiration techniques using inanimate phantoms.
• Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, techniques and interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
• Identify the sonographic anatomy during the performance of ultrasound guided MSK injections on cadaver models. (optional track)
• Demonstrate the principals of imaging techniques for the performance of upper and lower extremity MSK injections on cadaver models. (optional track)
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Advanced Fee||25 Jul,2020||USD 2,395.00|
|Regular Fee||23 Aug,2020||USD 2,595.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news