Introduction to Hand Therapy is organized by Therapy Network Seminars (TNS) and will be held from Sep 26 - 27, 2020 at Chicago, Illinois, United States of America.
This course is intended for PTs, PTAs, OTs, OTAs and ATs
A certificate of attendance for 15 Contact Hourswill be awarded to each participant. All Therapy Network Seminars are pre‐approved for CEUs in the state where the course is conducted when required for PT, OT, ATs & Assistants.
This is a comprehensive, practical, and non-intimidating program designed for the clinician who is interested in pursuing hand therapy or is new to the field. This course takes an in-depth look at the management of common upper extremity diagnosis integrating anatomy and pathology with the evaluation and treatment process. Topics covered include exercise and activity progression, static and dynamic splinting, soft tissue assessment-treatment, edema management, sensibility, ROM, home program development and proper documentation.
• Identify the proper procedures for basic upper extremity evaluations including ROM, rapid grip, edema, sensibility, and proper documentation
• Identify signs and symptoms for a variety of diagnoses related to the upper extremity including nerve compression, DeQuervains, Dupuytren’s Contracture, Trigger Finger etc
• Identify appropriate static and dynamic splints for the treatment of various upper extremity problems including splint wearing schedule, indications, and contra-indications.
• Select and prioritize treatment options and develop effective home programs to reduce the number of necessary therapy sessions.
• Identify several techniques to assess the “non-compliant patient”.
• Identify the “warning signs” of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS/RSD) as early interventions may prevent further development of symptoms.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Early Registration Fee||26 Aug,2020||USD 495.00|
|late Registration Fee||25 Sep,2020||USD 545.00|
|Bring a Buddy Registration Fee||27 Sep,2020||USD 445.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news