Introduction to Emergency Medicine Ultrasound - Live Course is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held from Feb 24 - 26, 2020 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, St Petersburg, Florida, United States of America.
Introduction to Emergency Medicine Ultrasound - Live Course:
The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 25.50 hour(s) of ACEP Category I credit(s).
Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 25.50 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participants may include, but are not limited to: emergency and critical care physicians, surgeons, hospitalists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, sonographers, internal medicine physicians, and any other point of care medical professionals.
Introduction to Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Live Training Course provides participants a strong foundation to perform and/or interpret the core ultrasound applications in an emergency setting as outlined in the ACEP ultrasound practice guidelines. These courses are taught by leading emergency medicine ultrasound experts and are specifically designed for physicians, sonographers and other medical professionals who need emergency medicine ultrasound training. This course incorporates comprehensive lectures and interactive case presentations featuring a 3:1 faculty to participant hands-on scan ratio with live models and phantoms to maximize the participant's diagnostic and scanning skills. Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute offers three (3) day emergency medicine ultrasound courses or as part of a week long emergency medicine & critical care ultrasound training and CME program at our facility in St. Petersburg, FL. In the week long program, participants will learn ultrasound techniques for the entire emergency medicine & critical care specialty.
• Increase participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret Emergency ultrasound examinations.
• State the basic fundamentals of ultrasound physics and demonstrate appropriate optimization of system controls.
• Perform ultrasound evaluation of the trauma patient (E-FAST exam) and pneumothorax.
• Demonstrate scan protocols for focused evaluation of the abdomen, aorta, female pelvis and adult heart.
• State an algorithm for uses of bedside ultrasound during cardiac arrest, shock & hypotension.
• Demonstrate image orientation, transducer preparation, and scan protocols for performing use of ultrasound guidance for vascular access, pericardiocentesis, paracentesis, hemothorax, lumbar puncture, ET placement.
• Demonstrate protocol for focused evaluation of DVT.
• Differentiate normal/abnormal image characteristics of the abdomen, female pelvis, first trimester OB, and ectopic pregnancy.
• Increase competence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques, and interpretation criteria into clinical practice.
|Contact No. :||727.363.4500
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Course Early Fee||25 Jan,2020||USD 2140.00|
|Course Regular Fee||09 Feb,2020||USD 2340.00|
|Course Late Fee||23 Feb,2020||USD 2540.00|