2020 International Conference on Disaster Medicine and Hurricane Resiliency are organized by the Caribbean Center for Disaster Medicine (CCDM). The symposium is held from Mar 26 - 29, 2020 at the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Sint Maarten, Sint Maarten (Dutch part).
The 2nd Annual CCDM International Conference on Disaster Medicine and Hurricane Resiliency will bring together professionals and experts from around the world to insights and expertise on preparing and managing disasters, building disaster management capacity, and educating and training in the health professions. They are once again excited to collaborate on this event with Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and our regional partners in Sint Maarten and the Caribbean.
Reasons to Attend
Their inaugural conference held in March 2019 drew over 280 delegates representing 12 countries, including nine Caribbean islands. Please join us in March 2020 and take advantage of these opportunities:
• Network with other professionals in the field and across multiple disciplines and areas of interest.
• Learn about new research, tools, and approaches being deployed to address the needs of individuals, communities, and societies affected by a disaster.
• Present your own perspectives and learnings through a presentation, workshop, or poster.
• Explore opportunities to partner with peer organizations and individuals on mutually critical areas of need.
• Earn continuing professional education credits.
• Enjoy a beautiful, culturally vibrant, and family-friendly Caribbean destination.
Topics to be Covered
- Recent Disaster Experiences: Dorian, Irma, Maria, Harvey, Sandy, and more
- Education and Training: Medical Students, Nurses, First Responders, and more
- Preparing and Communicating with the General Public
- Mass Casualty Incidents
- Preparing for Infectious Disease Crises
- Plans, Drills, Exercises, and Other Preparation
- Deploying Disaster Teams
- Disaster Nursing
- Mental Health
- Animals and Disasters
- Children and Disasters
- Leadership in a Disaster
Dr. Greg Cottone, President, World Association for Disaster and Emergency Medicine
Dr. Kobi Peleg, Head of Disaster Medicine, Tel Aviv University
Dr. Thomas Kirsch, Director, National Center for Disaster Medicine and Public Health, Uniformed Services University
|Contact No. :||7325092258
January 10, 2020
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Early Fee 1||15 Oct,2019||USD 500.00|
|Early Fee 2||15 Dec,2019||USD 550.00|
|Late Registration Fee||29 Mar,2020||USD 600.00|
|Medical Residents and Fellows Fee||29 Mar,2020||USD 250.00|
|Caribbean Physician Fee||29 Mar,2020||USD 400.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news