Internal Medicine for Primary Care: Bariatrics/Emergency Med/Endo/Ortho (Jun 01 - 04, 2020)
Internal Medicine for Primary Care: Bariatrics/Emergency Med/Endo/Ortho is organized by Medical Education Resources (MER) and will be held from Jun 01 - 04, 2020 at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Lake louise, Alberta, Canada.
This program is targeted to office-based primary care providers and other health professionals with updates in primary care medicine.
Medical Education Resources is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Medical Education Resources designates this live activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Recognition:
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 16 (part II) MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit
American Academy of Family Physicians:
This Live activity, Internal Medicine for Primary Care, with a beginning date of June 1, 2020 has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 16 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
American Osteopathic Association:
These programs are approved for 16 hours in Category 2-A by the American Osteopathic Association.
American College of Emergency Physicians:
This program is approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 16 hours of ACEP Category I credit.
The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) has a reciprocal credit agreement with the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) for activities which offer Prescribed credit.CFPC members who complete these conferences may claim the equivalent number of MainproM1 credits
American Academy of Physician Assistants:
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for Category I credit from AOACCME, Prescribed credit from AAFP, and AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 16 hours of Category I credit for completing this program.
• This CE activity provides 16 contact hours of continuing nursing education.
• This activity is designated for 5.5 ANCC pharmacotherapeutic contact hours.
• Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 12299, for 16 contact hours.
MER designates this continuing education activity for 16 contact hours (1.6 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be better able to:
• Discuss practical steps to prepare the primary care office for emergency situations
• List procedures to treat common, uncommon, orthopedic and wounds that present in the primary care office
• Describe the anatomy and function of the major joints including shoulder, hand, ankle and knee joints
• Describe how and when to utilize joint aspiration and injection for the shoulder, knee and other major joints
• Discuss obesity treatment including both surgical and non-surgical options
• Describe the approach to patient management after bariatric surgery
• Diagnose and tailor treatment strategies for Type 2 diabetes
• Review the diagnostic criteria and therapeutic approaches to osteoporosis and other calcium related disorders
• Discuss current diagnostic and treatment approaches to thyroid disorders
To provide updates in primary care medicine to office based providers.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Early Bird Non-Physician Fee||01 Apr,2020||USD 995.00|
|Early Bird Physician Fee||01 Apr,2020||USD 895.00|
|Non-Physician Registration Fee||31 May,2020||USD 995.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news