Infectious Diseases Practice Updates is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Mar 02 - 06, 2020 at The Fairmont Orchid, Waimea, Hawaii, United States of America.
This course was designed with infectious disease specialists, infectious diseases trainees, internists, pharmacists, hospitalists, and clinical researchers in mind. The content will also benefit physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, family physicians and clinical microbiologists.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 29 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 22.75 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
This interactive course provides practical updates on common topics and challenges faced with infectious diseases, and key information on the application of new developments in the field. Information will be delivered by subject matter experts using case-based presentations and in-depth discussions including question and answer sessions geared to increase knowledge, performance and patient outcomes. This course focuses on tick-borne diseases, orthopedic infections, cardiovascular infections, HIV/AIDS, advances in antimicrobial therapy including phage therapy, infections in the patients with hematologic malignancies, infectious diseases in the transplant recipients and selected fungal diseases. Attendees will leave with up-to-date, practical information that can be applied immediately to their clinical practice.
• Practical updates that can be immediately applied into daily practice
• Case-based, interactive presentations
• Review of new guidelines, developments and literature in the field
• Dedicated time for questions and discussion
• One-on-one time with faculty at breakfast roundtable sessions
• Geared towards increasing clinician knowledge and improving patient outcomes
• Access to course recordings for one year
• Explain the diagnosis and management of tick-borne diseases
• Identify and describe principles of diagnosis and management of complex cardiovascular and orthopedic infections
• Explain updates in management of infections in transplant recipients and patients with hematological malignancies
• Describe epidemiology and new treatment paradigms in HIV/AIDS
• Discuss advances in antimicrobial therapy including phage therapy
• Review top literature updates in infectious diseases
|Contact No. :||5075387229
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Full Fee: M.D., D.O. Ph.D - Registration Fee||01 Mar,2020||USD 1050.00|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree - Registration Fee||01 Mar,2020||USD 950.00|
|Pre-Course Session - Registration Fee||01 Mar,2020||USD 200.00|