Indiana Legal and Ethical Issues for Mental Health Clinicians is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Mar 16, 2020 at Avalon Manor Banquet Center, Merrillville, Indiana, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.0 CE / 6.3 contact hours / 6.25 hours.
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
• Addiction Counselors
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Join Susan Lewis, psychologist and attorney, for this must-attend seminar that will prepare you for litigation issues which can put your client, your license and your practice at risk. You will learn how to structure your practice to limit exposure of risk, as well as discover simple records, notes and actions that will protect you in the event of a complaint. Susan will provide you with the following take-home tools to minimize risk:
Updates on HIPAA and Indiana laws and regulations
Risk management strategies
How to minimize litigation dilemmas, complaints and malpractice actions
Best practices in the professional relationship, informed consent and office policies
You will learn through problem-solving discussions that are representative of actual ethical decisions you encounter in your clinical practice. The blending of Susan’s experience as a lawyer, work within the court system and extensive clinical experience makes her a hands-on, knowledgeable instructor!
• Communicate how to minimize litigation dilemmas, licensing complaints and malpractice actions.
• Describe the legal and ethical considerations for the treatment of minor populations in Indiana with regard to age of consent, confidentiality and custody concerns.
• Communicate how an understanding of common boundary and dual relationship issues/dilemmas can help you maintain appropriate relationships with your clients.
• Recognize ethical challenges you should consider when responding to subpoenas that request disclosure of client records.
• Analyze the limits of confidentiality as it relates to duty to warn law in Indiana.
• Articulate how risk management strategies regarding technology can keep client information secure and avoid violating HIPAA.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration: Advance Price||25 Feb,2020||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||15 Mar,2020||USD 219.99|
|Coordinator - Registration Fee||15 Mar,2020||USD 30.00|