Improve Executive Functions: Evidence-Based Strategies to Change Behavior is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Jan 15, 2020 at Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Will Rogers Airport, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.25 hours of continuing education credit / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
• Social Workers
• Addiction Counselors
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• School Guidance Counselors
• School Psychologists
• School Social Workers
• Educational Paraprofessionals
• Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Case Managers
• School Administrators
• Other Helping Professionals who Work with Children
Executive Function (EF) skills form the foundation of success for people of all ages. But individuals with ADHD, Autism, OCD and other conditions have significant EF deficits – failing to thrive at school, work, home and in their most important relationships.
Your work with individuals struggling with EF issues is some of your most rewarding – yet it’s often the work that leaves you the most frustrated and exhausted. Forgotten appointments, unfinished homework, distractibility, procrastination and difficulties organizing thoughts present formidable obstacles to making progress in school or therapy. And the strategies that work so well for other conditions seem to fall short when an EF deficit is present.
Attend this seminar and get the targeted skills and tools you need to cultivate lasting change and transform the lives of those who struggle with executive deficits – the chronically lost, late and unprepared!
Join George McCloskey, Ph.D., the internationally renowned creator of the McCloskey Executive Functions Scale (MEFS) for this incredible one day event. An author, researcher, and clinician with more than 20 years of groundbreaking work with Executive Functions, Dr. McCloskey will teach you how to develop customized interventions that can be used with students or clients across multiple settings from the private practice office to the classroom. Practical and easy to apply, Dr. McCloskey’s strategies will help those you serve develop critical time/task management, personal organization & planning skills, empowering them to elevate their academic and employment performance, relationships, physical & mental health, and more!
• Analyze a comprehensive neuropsychological model of executive functions.
• Communicate how executive function difficulties are manifested in individuals diagnosed with various psychological disorders and/or enrolled in special education programs.
• Apply effective assessment techniques based on a multidimensional framework to determine executive function strengths and weaknesses and to target specific intervention needs.
• Determine strategies that are appropriate for fostering executive function development and/or for intervening when executive function difficulties are identified.
• Implement strategies that bridge the gap between “external control” and “internal self-regulation”.
• Summarize how mindfulness, CBT and other evidence-based programs that foster executive function development and/or remediate difficulties.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Early Fee||26 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||14 Jan,2020||USD 249.99|
|2 Plus Group Rate: Per Person Fee||14 Jan,2020||USD 219.99|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news