Hands-On Abdominal Ultrasound Imaging & Doppler Training is organized by Keith Mauney & Associates (KMA) Ultrasound Training Institutes and will be held from Aug 21 - 23, 2020 at Homewood Suites by The Las Colinas Hilton Homewood Suites, Irving, Texas, United States of America.
Who will benefit:
• Allied Health Professionals
• Sonography Students
• Veterinary Medicine
• Research & Medical Device Professionals
• The one simple thing that will take three years off your learning curve and add a decade to your career.
• Vascular structure and function in health and disease: from atherosclerosis to an aneurysm and dissection.
• How to use the vascular system to navigate and identify any structure in the abdomen.
• The very best protocol to quickly survey the abdomen and not miss a thing.
• The stepwise protocol to document every organ and structure.
• Soft tissue imaging and blood flow analysis of the kidneys: the most complete protocol.
• Assessment of the bladder and ureteral function.
• The complete protocol for the thyroid and parotid glands.
• Tough-Guy Techniques to overcome body habitus and gas.
• Everything you see affects everything you can't: how to connect each sonographic finding to every other.
• How to answer every question sonography can answer in every disease process... in every organ.
• The secrets to precisely standardize and document echogenicity and blood flow.
• Why blood flows the way it does in healthy and diseased vessels: what to look for, what to measure.
• How to analyze and document every pathologic finding: taking the right steps, using the right words.
• How to think your way through any Registry Exam question they could ever ask.
• Next steps: How to maximize your first six months in this new field.
Our approach is totally focused on the patient diagnosis. To this end, we are deeply familiar with virtually every ultrasound machine and the manufacturer's rationale behind its design, features and functions. Even so, no faculty members have any commercial interests or participation that might influence course content.
There is no formal exam in this class. Learners are continuously evaluated and positive feedback is provided throughout. Upon completion of this activity, you should be able to
• Perform and document a complete ultrasound scan of the upper abdomen, including all measurements.
• Identify normal gross and substructural anatomy and use standard terminology to describe them; differentiate these true findings from artifact consistently.
• Systematically evaluate the sonographic appearance of each component of every organ and correlate it to the Obstruction-Infection-Infiltration-Mass-Exudation matrix model.
• Describe the histological basis for the acoustic appearance of tissues and structures of different echogenicity; apply this to the differential analysis of soft tissue pathology, shadowing vs. non-shadowing gallstones, and vessel thrombosis.
• Demonstrate the complete protocol for evaluation of AAA and dissection, including assessment of the root and arch segments.
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Tuition Fee||20 Aug,2020||USD 1,800.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news