Family Medicine, ENT, and Sleep Medicine is organized by Continuing Education, Inc. and will be held from Aug 17 - 27, 2020 at Celebrity Constellation, Venice, Veneto, Italy.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists
• 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
• 14 ACPE Credits
• 14.0 Contact Hours
The purpose of this CME activity is to review and discuss common general medical conditions and to provide guidelines for their management and to provide updated guidelines for prevention of common primary care conditions. Topics have been chosen to benefit the family physician, general internist and Advance Practice Professionals in an ambulatory care setting.
• Healthy Lifestyles and the Obesity Epidemic
○ Discuss the epidemiology of obesity
○ Discuss the role of lifestyle habits in prevention and management of obesity
• Screening for Cardiovascular Disease and Cancer
○ Distinguish the difference between primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention.
○ Enumerate the recommended screening tests for breast, colon and lung cancer and their timing.
○ Describe the recommended guidelines for blood pressure screening, cholesterol screening, and diabetes screening.
• Evidence-based Exercise and Diet options for Cardiovascular Prevention
○ Describe the recommended levels of exercise for adults.
○ Describe the most appropriate diet for patients with diabetes or hypertension.
• The Physiologic Basis of a Healthy Diet and Exercise - a primer
○ Provide at least three physiologic effects of exercise on human cells
○ Describe three physiologic mechanisms for the impact of fruits and vegetables on health
• Update on Pneumonia Management
○ Describe the most common causes of community-acquired pneumonia.
○ Identify the latest recommended initial empiric treatment of patients with community-acquired pneumonia with or without co-existing morbidities.
• Update on COPD Management
○ Describe the classification of severity of COPD according to symptoms and spirometry values.
○ Identify the recommended initial treatment of patients with COPD according to severity.
• Update on Asthma Management
○ Describe the classification of asthma according to symptoms and spirometry values.
○ Identify the recommended initial treatment of patients with asthma for each level of severity
○ Describe the important differences between treatment options for asthma and treatment for COPD.
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists and Dentists Fee||16 Aug,2020||USD 895.00|
|Physician Assistants fee||16 Aug,2020||USD 695.00|
|Nurse Practitioners fee||16 Aug,2020||USD 695.00|
|Nurses, Students and Others Fee||16 Aug,2020||USD 495.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news