Ethics 2.0: When Clinical Goes Digital is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Mar 27, 2020 at Holiday Inn Timonium, Timonium, Maryland, United States of America.
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
• Addiction Counselors
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Other Mental Health ProfessionalsCourse
Digital Technology Has Changed the Way We Serve and Interact with Clients
Let’s face it—the digital age is here to stay, and it has ushered in a complete paradigm shift in what it means to provide quality, ethical mental health treatment. Your current clients, and potential new ones, are accustomed to being able to receive every imaginable service using technology as the format. It only stands to reason that they are seeking, and even expecting, the type of services you provide to be available in the same fashion. Whether you are already in the digital space, or you realize that you want and even need to be, the ethical considerations are unique, complex, and exciting all at the same time.
Let Jeff Ashby, PhD, ABPP, RPT-S – a mental health clinician with 20 years of clinical and research experience – be your guide as you explore the ethical issues related to social media, blogs, websites, and more. Through discussion and case examples learn how to address complex ethical dilemmas while maintaining the highest standards of clinical practice.
• Explain how a practical model for ethical decision-making informs the clinical practice setting.
• Articulate the legal and ethical codes that relate to utilizing technology while providing mental health services.
• Establish ethical practices to ensure client safety, maintain confidentiality and obtain informed consent when utilizing distance mental health services.
• Consider cultural differences when using technology and articulate how this may inform the clinician’s choice of treatment interventions.
• Establish clear ethical guidelines to address the potential for a dual relationship when interreacting with clients via technology.
• Explore potential ethical issues for a clinician relating to social media, blogs and websites.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||07 Mar,2020||USD 219.99|
|2 plus Group: per person Fee||26 Mar,2020||USD 219.99|