This conference has been POSTPONED.
The revised dates will be updated soon after they are confirmed.
Emergency Trauma Management (ETM) Course is organized by Emergency Trauma Management (ETM) and will be held from Apr 22 - 24, 2020 at Cairns Skills Centre, Cairns, Queensland, Australia. This course has been approved for a maximum of 22.5 CME points.
Who is the course for?
ETM Course is targeted at Australian and New Zealand Senior Emergency Registrars and Consultants, however, a wide range of specialities have attended and are welcome at the course, including:
• Rural GP’s
• Anaesthetic trainees
• ICU trainees
• Surgical trainees
• Trauma Registrars (adult and paediatric)
ETM is a 3-day face-to-face course that teaches trauma reception and resuscitation from the Australasian Emergency Medicine perspective, with a focus on practical trauma resuscitation, trauma team-leading and trauma team-member skills. Our course has a strong focus on communication in particular resuscitation room management, the shared mental model and closed-loop communication. We are relevant to nursing and medical staff who work in trauma centres, metropolitan, regional and remote environments.
Short, focused lectures, simulation scenarios and small group interactive sessions including:
• RRM: Resus Room Management - modern ED team leading/team member skills
• Airway: Standard/difficult/failed intubation, cricothyroidotomy
• Chest: Decompression – needle/finger/tube thoracostomy
• Vascular access: Rapid Infuser Catheter (RIC) line and intraosseous needle (EZ-IO) insertion
• Orthopaedic: Spinal immobilisation, pelvic binder, CT-6 femoral traction splint application
• Other procedures: CAT/SOF tourniquet application, lateral canthotomy
• Management: Management of traumatic cardiac arrest
• Radiology: Trauma x-ray, CT and FAST scan interpretation
• Transport: Transport and retrieval of the trauma patient
|Contact No. :||+61 3 8672 5945|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Course Fee||21 Apr,2020||AUD 2950.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news