Contemporary Thoughts on Treating the Child with Hypotonia is organized by Education Resources, Inc. (ERI) and will be held from Apr 03 - 04, 2020 at The Watson Institute, Sewickley, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
This course meets the criteria for 13 contact hours (1.3 CEUs).
Approved provider of continuing education by the American Occupational Therapy Association #3043, for 13 contact hours Intermediate Level Occupational Therapy Process: assessment, intervention. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by AOTA.
NBCOT professional development provider-13 PDUs.
12 hours of this course qualify toward the 20-hour requirement for NDTA re-certification.
This two-day workshop focuses on using the NDT Practice Model in treating the child with hypotonia, concentrating on interventions to improve control and alignment of the trunk, pelvis, lower extremity, shoulder girdle, and upper extremity. Specific strategies to improve motor control in this population will be presented. Treatment strategies based on the common impairments of the sensorimotor system in this population will be demonstrated using videotapes, case studies and practice labs. Participants will practice strategies to improve functional motor performance of the child with hypotonia. This course applies to pediatric OT/OTAs and PT/PTAs working in school-based practice, outpatient clinics, hospital-based settings and will address children with Down’s syndrome, ASD, CP, genetic disorders, sensory processing disorders, etc.
At the end of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Discuss the common impairments seen in children with hypotonia.
• Analyze movement patterns of the hypotonic child.
• Practice a variety of facilitation techniques for improving alignment, base of support and control of weight shift
• Utilize treatment strategies practiced in lab to improve alignment and control for the trunk, pelvis, lower extremity, shoulder, and upper extremity.
• Identify the role SMART goals in treatment planning for the child with hypotonia.
|Contact No. :||508-359-6533
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Course fee||02 Apr,2020||USD 435.00|