Comprehensive Treatment of the Shoulder - Charlotte
Comprehensive Treatment of the Shoulder is organized by Great Lakes Seminars (GLS) and will be held from Dec 05 - 06, 2020 at Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America.
This course shows the clinician an entirely new and unique way to treat the shoulder girdle complex. It focuses on the concept of hypo-hyper compensation. While symptoms in the shoulder are commonly in the glenohumeral joint, the driver of the symptoms is commonly elsewhere in the shoulder girdle complex. The class incorporates joint mobilization in ways not often shown along with myofascial release, taping techniques and a fresh way to look at muscle re-education and strengthening of the shoulder.
As with all of our manual therapy courses, this seminar will follow a progression of principles and reinforce them throughout the 16 hours, is at least 75% hands-on lab, and will give the clinician hands-on skills they use immediately upon their return to the clinical setting.
At the completion of this seminar, the participant will be able to:
• Accurately describe anatomical structures covered in the manual and their application to shoulder joint complex mechanics, shoulder movement and shoulder dysfunction.
• Accurately describe the treatment concepts for shoulder joint mobilizations and myofascial release of the shoulder as discussed in the manual.
• State the 5 treatment principles for shoulder taping.
• Independently discuss strengthening and movement re-education.
• Demonstrate each of the 8 joint mobilizations, 5 taping techniques, and 7 myofascial release techniques as shown in the course manual with proficiency and skill.
• Introduction to a comprehensive approach to treatment of the shoulder
• Overview of anatomy of the shoulder complex and its effect on mobs, MFR, etc
• Introduction and review of the concepts of functional joint mobilization, MFR, joint taping and muscular re-education
• Mobilization: S-C joint, A-C joint, scap-thor joint, G-H joint
• MFR: Crossed-hand techniques, extremity release techniques, cervical-thoracic releases, scar releases
• Taping: posterior humeral head relocation, MDI stabilization, UT inhibition, LT
• facilitation, A-C joint stabilization
• Muscular re-education of the shoulder complex
• Application to specific clinical situations
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America
At Nominal Fares
Find Low Cost
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine