Comprehensive Treatment of the Hip: From the Spine to the Foot is organized by Great Lakes Seminars (GLS) and will be held from Feb 15 - 16, 2020 at More Physical Therapy, Burlingame, California, United States of America.
This seminar will allow the clinician to treat the hip in an integrative and comprehensive way. It is unique in that it includes MET and mobilizations of the spine, pelvis, hip/knee and ankle/foot regions. It also teaches treatment, through myofascial release, of all muscles that directly and indirectly influence / impact the hip and its function.
At the completion of this course, the clinician will be able to treat most any hip diagnosis with confidence and comprehensiveness – and achieve immediate improved functional results with their patients.
Goals of this Course:
• Each participant will have a thorough review and in-depth understanding of Lower Quadrant anatomy, biomechanics and methods of intervention.
• Each participant will have the skills to immediately apply the methods learned in this course at the clinical level for the purpose of reducing stress in the hip and objectively confirm improved function of the hip complex.
At the completion of this seminar, the participant will be able to:
• Correctly describe the normal and abnormal biomechanics of at least 5 specific joints involving the lower extremities and pelvis.
• Correctly describe the neurophysiological mechanism behind muscle energy technique (MET).
• Correctly demonstrate 2 lumbo-pelvic, 2 hip and 3 lower extremity joint mobilizations.
• Correctly demonstrate at least 4 components in a systematic approach and treatment progression of the hip complex.
• Correctly state 8 key anatomical structures of the lower quadrant (lumbo-pelvic, hip, knee, ankle/foot) and their application to joint mechanics, movement and dysfunction.
• State the 8 key treatment principles for joint mobilizations and 6 treatment principles for MFR (Myofascial Release).
• Independently discuss 4 treatment concepts for MFR of the lower quadrant.
• Correctly demonstrate 8 key treatment techniques for joint mobilizations to decrease stress on the hip.
• Correctly instruct a person in 5 exercises to improve strength, stability and mobility of the lower quadrant.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :||800-210-5856
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Course Fee||14 Feb,2020||USD 575.00|