Introduction to Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Course (Sep 14 - 16, 2020)
Introduction to Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Course is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held from Sep 14 - 16, 2020 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, St Petersburg, Florida, United States of America.
This hands-on emergency ultrasound course is intended for any medical professional involved with performing ultrasound examinations in an emergency setting. Participants may include, but are not limited to: emergency and critical care physicians, surgeons, hospitalists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, sonographers, internal medicine physicians, and any other point of care medical professionals.
The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 25.50 hour(s) of ACEP Category I credit(s).
Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 25.50 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credits
Introduction to Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Live Training Course provides participants a strong foundation to perform the core critical care ultrasound applications as outlined in the ACEP and WINFOCUS ultrasound practice guidelines. These courses are taught by leading emergency medicine ultrasound experts that incorporates comprehensive lectures, interactive case presentations, system optimization, and needle guidance sessions. Extensive hands-on scanning workshops feature our industry leading 3:1 faculty to participant hands-on scan ratio with live models and inanimate phantoms for improved competence to immediately integrate the skills learned into clinical practice. Each participant also receives scanning checklists and a log of over 70 exams performed to apply towards hospital credentialing if needed.
For the most comprehensive Emergency Medicine Ultrasound education, combine the Introductory level course with the Advanced Emergency/Critical Care Ultrasound program to augment scanning skills and expand diagnostic/interventional services, improve patient safety and satisfaction. A combined tuition discount is offered along with cost-savings associated with travel expenses.
• Imaging Fundamentals
• OB-GYN Anatomy/Exam
• Ectopic Pregnancy
• OB Cases & Abortion
• Fundamentals of Needle Guidance
• Ultrasound-Guided Vascular Access
• Abdominal Scanning Fundamentals
• FAST & E-FAST Exams
• Focused 2D Cardiac Exam (F.A.T.E.)
• Biliary & Renal Colic
• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
• AAA & Case Studies
• Evaluation of DVT
• Evaluation of Cardiac Arrest and Shock & Hypotension
• Ultrasound Guided Procedures: Pericardiocentesis, Paracentesis, Hemothorax, Lumbar Puncture, ET
• Training and Credentialing
• Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret Emergency ultrasound examinations.
• State the basic fundamentals of ultrasound physics and demonstrate appropriate optimization for system controls.
• Perform ultrasound evaluation of the trauma patient (E-FAST exam) and pneumothorax.
• Demonstrate scan protocols for focused evaluation of the abdomen, aorta, female pelvis, and adult heart.
• State an algorithm for uses of bedside ultrasound during cardiac arrest, shock, and hypotension
• Demonstrate image orientation, transducer preparation, and scan protocols for performing use of ultrasound guidance for vascular access, pericardiocentesis, paracentesis, hemothorax, lumbar puncture, and ET placement.
• Demonstrate protocol for focused evaluation of DVT.
• Differentiate normal/abnormal image characteristics of the abdomen, female pelvis, first trimester OB, and ectopic pregnancy.
• Increase competence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques, and interpretation criteria into clinical practice.
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Advanced Fee||15 Aug,2020||USD 2,140.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news