Challenging Geriatric Issues: Dementia Behaviors is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Mar 24, 2020 at Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany, Parsippany, New Jersey, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours.
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• Social Workers
• Home Healthcare Providers
• Nursing Home Administrators
• Registered Dietitians & Dietetic Technicians
• Recreation Therapists
Dealing with cognitively impaired geriatric patients can be challenging even for the experienced healthcare professional. Behaviors such as dementia, aggression, anxiety and depression, refusal of food and fluids, and inappropriate sexual advances pose significant potential barriers to the delivery of essential health care. If older adults are routinely under your care, minimize your risk of escalating the problems associated with troublesome, often irrational behavior by attending this program. Gain valuable insights into the causes of challenging geriatric behaviors and learn innovative and practical intervention strategies to improve the care you provide.
• Assess behavioral problems of older adults with cognitive disturbances.
• Consider the advantages of recognition and treatment of early dementia.
• Incorporate non-pharmacologic interventions that address biopsychosocial needs of the older adult with challenging behaviors.
• Implement specific communication strategies for patients with challenging behaviors.
• Analyze evidence-based pharmacologic treatments of behavioral problems in patients.
• Determine interventions for challenging geriatric behaviors including pain, nutritional deficits, sleep disorders, depression and delirium.
• Evaluate causes and interventions for sexually inappropriate behaviors.
• Support and educate family and professional caregivers of older adults exhibiting challenging behaviors.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration Early Fee||04 Mar,2020||USD 219.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||23 Mar,2020||USD 219.99|