Caring for Sick Children - General Paediatric Nursing Update Seminar is organized by Ausmed Education Pty Ltd and will be held from Aug 03 - 04, 2020 at Lakes Resort Hotel, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.
As a nurse, are you ever required to care for a sick or injured child even though it is not your specialty area of nursing? Attend this program and be informed about modern general paediatric nursing care. It includes:
• Considerations when assessing a sick or injured child
• Involving the parents in a child’s immediate care
• What to do for an asthma attack
• Immunisation updates
• Managing sepsis in children
• Preventing injuries from nursery equipment and toys
Need for Program:
In Australia, most seriously unwell and severely injured children are cared for in dedicated tertiary hospitals – usually located in major cities. Though paediatric expertise is invariably clustered in and around these centres of excellence, children become ill or injure themselves at any time and in any place, meaning their first point of contact is likely to be a nurse outside of these centres. Such nurses need regular access to education that enables them to be safe and confident when caring for children and their families. Understanding modern paediatric concepts and improving knowledge about the care required for a sick or injured child is essential if positive health outcomes are to be achieved.
Purpose of Program:
The purpose of this program is to provide an update to general nurses on the appropriate, evidenced care of children who experience an illness or injury and also to address preventative measures to reduce hospital admission.
• Correctly and swiftly assess a sick or injured child, based on knowledge of the main anatomical and physiological differences between children and adults
• Provide care to a child that reflects evidence-based treatment that is age and developmentally appropriate
• Provide a sick or injured child in your care with appropriate, evidence-based interventions to prevent further deterioration
• Provide a child in your care and their family with holistic, family-centred communication
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Two Days Fee||02 Aug,2020||AUD 559.00|
|One Day Fee||02 Aug,2020||AUD 429.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news