Cancer Genetics Conference is organized by UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson Cancer Center and will be held on Jun 20, 2020 at Greehey Children's Cancer Research Institute, San Antonio, Texas, United States of America.
This conference is intended for Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurses, specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, and Genetic Counseling, students, and fellows.
Purpose and Content:
This conference is focused on updating health professionals on the current practices of cancer genetics. Topics will include general genetics knowledge, updates on genetic syndromes and management, genetic counseling and testing strategies, population screening, ethical/ legal issues surrounding genetic testing and results, and new genetic tests being offered and their benefits and limitations. After attending, the participant should leave with a better understanding of hereditary predisposition syndromes, management guidelines, and testing criteria. This conference will aid healthcare professionals in their practices and improve patient care.
Upon completion of this conference, participants should be able to link the educational objectives to Core Competencies and:
• Apply basic genetic concepts in discussions with patients
• Recognize patients appropriate for referral to cancer genetics
• Discuss updated testing strategies and management guidelines for patients at risk for hereditary breast, colon, prostate, gynecological, and pediatric cancers
• Identify patients who may benefit from tumor genomic testing or germline testing to introduce new therapeutic options.
• Identify and discuss the differences between laboratory tests as well as the different options associated with ordering genetic testing.
• Identify insurance fraud and inappropriate testing and what to do about it
• Discuss new systemic therapies for hereditary cancer syndromes
|Contact No. :||(210) 450-1550|
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Physicians Fee||19 Jun,2020||USD 75.00|
|Nurses Fee||19 Jun,2020||USD 40.00|
|Industry Representatives Fee||19 Jun,2020||USD 300.00|
|Students Fee||19 Jun,2020||USD 25.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news