CAN-EAT Approach …Using medical, motor, & behavioral strategies in pediatric feeding is organized by Motivations Inc. and will be held from Apr 17 - 18, 2020 at Easter Seals, Salem, New Hampshire, United States of America.
Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, and nutritionists
This is a 16-hour course equivalent to 1.6 CEUs.
Research indicates that the prevalence of pediatric feeding and swallowing disorders is 80% in the special needs population and 20% in typically developing children. Therefore, most pediatric clinicians will encounter this disorder in some form or another. Feeding disorders come in all shapes and sizes, such as coughing/choking during meals, poor oral-motor skill acquisition, food refusal, oral aversion, g-tube dependence and more. One must be versed in oral-motor and swallowing techniques, respiration, GI issues, nutrition, motor/postural alignment, and behavioral strategies. This is a two-day course focusing on how to approach pediatric feeding and swallowing disorders, how to diagnose and prioritize treatment options, and ensure successful outcomes for you and your patients. Day one will concentrate on medical and nutritional intervention strategies, while day two will focus on evaluation and therapeutic intervention. If children are available, there will be 1-2 live evaluations.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
• Explain how feeding disorders develop, the basis for most problems and what maintains them over time
• Explain how gastrointestinal disorders such as reflux, dysmotility and pain affect feeding in a child
• Explain the differences between a modified barium swallow study and a fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of feeding and how you would choose one over the other when evaluating a child's swallowing function
• Explain how to prioritize treatment strategies with a pediatric patient with a feeding disorder
• Give examples of behavior techniques to use to improve acceptance of bites of food.
|Contact No. :||(800) 791-0262
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Individual Registration Fee||16 Apr,2020||USD 495.00|
|Association Registration - Member of APTA, AOTA, NATA-BOC, ASHA Fee||16 Apr,2020||USD 445.00|
|Consortium Registration - Group Discount Fee||16 Apr,2020||USD 395.00|