Breast Imaging from A to Z: How to Read Like (or Better Than!) the Experts is organized by CME Science and will be held from Oct 07 - 09, 2020 at The Roosevelt Hotel, New york city, New York, United States of America.
• General radiologists and trainees interested in breast imaging
• Radiology residents and fellows in training
• Radiology technologists, nurses and radiology physician assistants
• Breast surgeons
• Allied health care professionals who desire to have an update on the state of current imaging as an aid to patient management for diseases of the breast.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Qualified by the American Board of Radiology in meeting the criteria for self-assessment toward the purpose of fulfilling requirements in the ABR Maintenance of Certification Program for 8 SAM Credits.
The New York course has been approved for up to 17.0 ARRT Category A CE credits for those technologists attending the entire course.
This course provides an integrated full discussion aimed at comprehending the basis and applications of breast imaging in five distinct sessions, using acase-based approach supported by evidence-based literature review. Current and potential future applications of AI in breast imaging practice will be addressed throughout the course.
Session 1: will take the attendee through the histopathologic basis for benign and malignant breast disease with imaging correlates. Conventional topics with simplified and novel strategies are presented to both review and advance the practice of mammography and ultrasound.
Session 2: focuses on imaging diagnoses for which surveillance may be reasonable and will emphasize techniques and analytic parameters regarding intervention and tissue diagnosis.
Session 3: will address the critical issues of breast density risk assessment as well as perspectives on supplementary screening such as whole breast ultrasound and tomosynthesis.
Session 4: explores in depth both current and evolving concepts and strategies in MRI interpretation with review of literature and case based presentation.
Session 5: explores the issues of medical legal accountability in interpretation and communication as well as providing strategies to avoid liability.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
• Analyze the histopathologic basis for benign and malignant breast lesions
• Analyze more robust and simplified methods of evaluating asymmetries commonly seen at screening and diagnostic settings
• Assess criteria for imaging diagnosis of benign, probably benign, and suspicious imaging findings on mammography, ultrasound, MRI
• Assess Criteria For Imaging Diagnoses And Need For Tissue Diagnosis Of Identified Breast Lesions
• Determine suitability for nonpalpable lesions subject to imaging surveillance as opposed to biopsy
• Analyze applications, techniques, and pitfalls of stereotactic, ultrasound, and MRI-guided biopsy
• Evaluate the basis and evidence for recommending surgical excision of “high risk” lesions determined by percutaneous biopsy
• Analyze current issues involved in breast density evaluation including risk and supplementary screening indications
• Evaluate efficacy of supplementary screening and advanced screening techniques including whole breast ultrasound, tomosynthesis, MRI, and nuclear medicine imaging of the breast
• Evaluate evidence-based approaches to MRI lesion evaluation, and determine efficacy of different indications for use of breast MRI
• Determine medical-legal implications of different approaches to clinical breast imaging and communications and develop strategies toward risk reduction.
|Contact No. :||1-855-383-7116
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Practicing Physician/Industry Fee||06 Oct,2020||USD 1295.00|
|Military/Retired/Scientist/VA Fee||06 Oct,2020||USD 1195.00|
|Resident/Fellow/Technologist/PA/Nurse Fee||06 Oct,2020||USD 995.00|