Borderline, Narcissistic, Antisocial and Histrionic Personality Disorders: Effective Treatments for Challenging Clients is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Jan 21, 2020 at Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd, Knoxville, Tennessee, United States of America. This course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
• Social Workers
• Addiction Counselors
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Case Managers
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Join Dr. Gregory Lester as he delivers an intensive workshop and seminar designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to identify and treat your most difficult personality disordered clients. Better understand your clients with Antisocial, Narcissist, Histrionic and Borderline Personality Disorder and make a breakthrough in clinical treatment.
• Manage the manipulative and possibly violent Antisocial Personality Disorder in-session.
• Overcome the Narcissistic Personality Disorder trait of perfectionism and combat their need to overpower you as the therapist.
• Better understand your clients diagnosed with Histrionic Personality Disorder whose intense emotions and need for attention will test your patience and compassion.
• Help the Borderline Personality Disorder client deal with their explosive emotions, self-harm tendencies and cravings for chaos.
Case studies and video examples will be used to illustrate client symptom presentation, treatment, and management of each Cluster B client type. You will explore various modalities that are effective with antisocial, narcissistic, histrionic, and borderline personality disorders, such as Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive-Behavioral, Interpersonal, and Dialectical therapies. Each of these theories will be explored to provide you with solid and useable skills to include in your daily practice.
• Determine how the changes with the DSM-5® impacts diagnosis and treatment of the Cluster B Personality Disorders.
• Identify and diagnose clients with antisocial, narcissistic, histrionic and borderline Personality Disorders to effectively inform your choice of treatment interventions.
• Utilize case studies to differentiate symptom overlap, effective treatment and emotional management of each Cluster B Personality Disorders client type.
• Manage the manipulative and potentially violent behaviors with your clients diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder in session to make therapeutic progress.
• Implement CBT techniques to clarify behaviors, values and goals with clients diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
• Incorporate techniques to decrease explosive emotions, self-harm tendencies and cravings for chaos for clients diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.
• Utilize MI and DBT techniques with clients diagnosed with Histrionic Personality Disorder to help manage cognition and improve emotional regulation.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration: Early Fee||01 Jan,2020||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration: Conference Fee||20 Jan,2020||USD 249.99|
|2 Plus Group Rate per Person Fee||20 Jan,2020||USD 219.99|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news