Basic Echocardiography in Life Support (BELS) - 1 Day Course is organized by Australian Institute of Ultrasound (AIU) and will be held on Sep 23, 2020 at Australian Institute of Ultrasound, Gold coast, Queensland, Australia.
This course accredited for 8 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as complying with ACEM standards and policies for Bedside Echocardiography (including cardiac arrest).
Participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD program may claim this this course under the Knowledge and skills activity Short format learning at 2 credits per hour.
Approved by 30 PDP points; 30 points PRPD; 30 pts MOPS Radiology; 30 pts MOPS Emergency Medicine Eligible for Rural Procedural Grants Funding – 1 day under all components (Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics and Surgery)
Lectures – Category 2A, points per hour 1; Demonstrations – Category 2B, points per hour 2; Skills – Category 3B, points per hour 3
Activity Number: 103329, 40 Category 1 points. Specific Requirement Eligibility – Diagnostic radiology Grant Approved Training – 1 day under Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics and Surgery.
Is there tamponade, right heart failure, left heart failure, massive pulmonary embolism or hypovolemia? These are five vital questions in the acute care of critical illness. The Basic Echocardiography in Life Support (BELS) course teaches you simple heart views to answer these questions, and how to cross reference with IVC scanning, to reinforce your interpretation. With case based discussion, you will practice recognising life-threatening pathology, and discuss how it affects your ongoing management. This is not a comprehensive echocardiography course, but it is an important beginning. BELS will teach you the paradigms that underpin problem based multisystem scanning. Through the day you will practice the skill on different patients. By the end of the day, you should be able to scan, label, save and interpret a set of scans that support your clinical decision. This one day-course is all about learning what you don’t know, what you need to know, and what you need to practice safely.
• Introduction of physical principles of ultrasound and probe manipulation
• Basic Echocardiography in Life Support (BELS)
At the end of this course the attendees will be able to:
• Identify the parameters of safe application of ultrasound and its limitations in medical diagnosis
• Identify the physical principles, artefacts and the steps for image optimisation while performing ultrasound.
• Practice “hands on” ultrasound scanning skills required to maximise diagnostic ability in answering relevant clinical questions
• Recognise the sonographic appearances of normal and abnormal structures required to answer common clinical questions
• Perform BELS ultrasound techniques
• Acquire images obtained on normal adult volunteers & phantoms
• Interpret images from normal adult volunteers
• Recognise the variants and abnormalities from presentations and case-based learning.
• Document the ultrasound findings
• Equip the learner with the foundation skills to begin to incorporate the ultrasound skills with the clinical situation to make appropriate management decisions
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Course Fee||22 Sep,2020||AUD 990.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news